Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What happened? Duh. With guns in the house, three siblings killed each other.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:54 AM
  • 3 Replies

There are mass murders in the US just about every day.

I know. I cover the murder-suicide beat.

Every week, murders of three, four, or five at-a-time are common in America. But, such crimes are not reported as mass murders because the victims are frequently related to one another or are in a romantic relationship with each other. Murder-suicides -- involving thousands -- are largely unreported in the US. There is no official record keeping. And, they take place, overwhelmingly, where guns are in the home.

And, no. These mass-murder victims are not killed by poison. Or knives.

They are killed because there are handguns in the house. (Particularly, in Texas and Florida and other psycho-paranoid states.)

Why?

Because, speaking in a quantum fashion:  People don't kill people -- guns kill people.

The murder weapons sit there, in that kitchen drawer or next to the bed in the nightstand -- beckoning: "Come closer. Touch me," whispers the gun. "Lay your hand on me and we will become one. Together, we will avenge you and cleanse the world."

"Yessss. You and I, together. We must kill them. That will prove to the world that you were right. They had this coming."

Typical:

(STAFFORD, TX) – A quiet neighborhood is rocked after a mother finds three of her children dead Tuesday afternoon in an apparent murder-suicide.

The bodies of her two sons, aged 23 and 18, and her daughter, 15, were discovered by Stafford Police inside the home on Venice Circle at Naples St.

Lt. James Leedom said a domestic dispute broke out among the siblings around 2 p.m. That’s when one of the siblings shot and killed the other two before taking their own life.

Each body was found in a separate room of the home they shared with their mother and father, who arrived at the scene after his wife discovered the bodies.

A fourth sibling was attending classes at Houston Community College at the time of the incident, and was uninjured.

“The parents are distraught,” Leedom said. “It’s a fairly nice neighborhood. It’s unfortunate… a sad day.”

Also, typical:

They were such a nice quiet family.

Larry Rango lives right next door to the house where the three were found.

“It’s surreal, it doesn’t feel like this is actually happening,” Rango said. “I just saw them yesterday. I’ve never seen anything crazy, never heard anything crazy.”

A number of guns and pistols were recovered from the home.

::

At this point only two nations in the world have a constitutional right to civilian ownership of hand guns -- Yemen and the United States.

Most of the rest of the world have absolutely no problem with this and would be content to see both dangerous countries annihilate themselves from within.

Such sentiment exists in the hope for a more peaceful world.

The world may get its wish.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/06/24/1309355/-What-happened-Duh-Three-siblings-with-guns-in-the-house-killed-each-other?detail=facebook

not my title....................

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dustinsmom1
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I grew up w guns in my house, no one shot. I have many guns in my house, and no ones been shot. Just try and take my guns, i dare you. Obviouslt this child had deep rooted issues. Healthy people dont normally shoot their siblings over a dispute. There is more to this story im sure.

ATG499
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

If you hear an inanimate object talking to you, you need help. I didn't even read past your little part about that. SMDH.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

(If you're on my Facebook, please don't say anything yet!!) 

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM

The challenge is keeping the guns away from those who should not have them.  And it also appears to be challenging to get some gun owners to lock up their weapons to keep them away from young children. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)