Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Russell Brand Calls Fox News A 'Fanatical Terrorist Propagandist Organization'

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 49 Replies

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro's rant about Iraq on Saturday caused actor and comedian Russell Brand to post a scorching diatribe about the network on his YouTube channel.

Pirro attacked President Obama and advised the United States to "bomb" Iraq over and over. In response, Brand posted a nearly 10-minute-long video analyzing Pirro's entire rant, in which he said she was actually "more dangerous than ISIS," and picked apart every single "incendiary" thing she said.

Brand, seemingly horrified by Pirro's tone throughout the speech, took particular issue with her comment that ISIS was a “fanatical religious terrorist organization.”

“So is Fox News," he said. "It's a fanatical terrorist propagandist organization."

Pirro also suggested that the way to take out the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is to "bomb them, keep bombing them, bomb them again!"

“F*cking hell,” Brand shouted. "When they do these bombings it creates more insurgents... It creates more terrorism."

Brand called Pirro's words "evil," "incendiary," and "just volatile combative, angry language."

"I’m not being just sensational," he concluded. "That is more dangerous than ISIS-- that attitude. That’s far-reaching. That’s affecting millions and millions of people."

Watch the video above to see Brand's full response.

(h/t: Raw Story)

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trollslayer
by Terica on Jun. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

And he is absolutely correct!

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:33 PM
5 moms liked this

Actors opinions about politics and new are meaningless.

They live in a bubble. 

littlemum41
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting erika9009:

They live in a bubble. 

I disagree. They are just like you and I ...only they make a ton of money for what they do. They read newspapers, they read books, they watch TV news, they ,for the most part,  have had college educations, they are involved in community work, raising money, pitching in physically with things such as Habitat for Humanity, they go to Africa, the Middle East and work with every day people and try to help with providing  clean water, they visit the troops, etc. etc.  They aren't selfish and they have the means to help so they do.   Oh, and  they have children and want them to be educated. I don't know why you needed to say that they "live in a bubble".

..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:55 PM
4 moms liked this

They may not live like you or I, but they are still people, and still citizens of this country that are entitled to their opinion. The fact that they are in the public eye does not make their opinion meaningless. 

Quoting erika9009:

They live in a bubble. 

Bird_on_a_wire
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:56 PM

we care about what Russel Brand says why?

..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 2:01 PM

No one said you have to. I know I don't particularly care. But...he's a celeb and so...what he said about a major "news" outlet is made public. 

Quoting Bird_on_a_wire:

we care about what Russel Brand says why?

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Jun. 26, 2014 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Think he did a lot of drugs or still does. I personally don't believe what drug users have to say. Brain damage and all that. Grain of salt.

DoofusAloofus
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with him for the most part.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
That segment where the Fox news host cuts the head off of a selected infidel...

LUV IT!

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

He's been sober for a good 10 years. I saw a special he did after Amy Winehouse's death that was great and real conversation into drug use and how easy it is to get caught up in the use. 

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Think he did a lot of drugs or still does. I personally don't believe what drug users have to say. Brain damage and all that. Grain of salt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)