Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

friends and members of the group

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ramadan will be here now Sunday when I wake up which means because I did many bad things including being very mean to some of you I will have to make repentance tomorrow after my shower so I start with a clean record on Sunday and move forward to keep it clean.

I have been trying to do it but for several months but I am lazy and selfish so I use the excuse that I am too sick. Now it is last minute and must be done. I am weak right now and don't have energy for a shower to do it tonight this late but tomorrow this no more waiting.

Before I can start clean I must try to correct my mistakes including to apologize for the very mean things I have said to some here and my bad representation as a Muslim.

Now tomorrow I can make it right with God and start Sunday morning doing the right things and keep my self doing the right things. I need to wake up Sunday forgiven and clean a record which also means trying not to fight and make a bad reflection on Islam.

I apologize to the many here I have been so nasty to. I also apologize to my Muslim sisters for making Muslims look bad with my filthy mouth and bad actions.

by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
joyfree
by Kat on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

"Ya' got spunk, kid!"

It takes a bigger person to own up to their defects, and way too many people seem to feel that admitting mistakes makes one looks weak.

You have earned my respect!

high five

slashteddy
by Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
This doesn't affect me (I don't think we've had m/any conversations?) but it seems important to you, so here's a bump. :)
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

 

Quoting slashteddy: This doesn't affect me (I don't think we've had m/any conversations?) but it seems important to you, so here's a bump. :)

 Thank you yes it is a serious matter. When everyone knows I am a Muslim but I act like I sometimes do then it is not only a bad reflection on all Muslims but it is also considered hypocritical which is the one of very most serious sins. I allowed my hypocrisy to show all over the world wide Internet many times and it is something we have to take serious.

During Ramadan the devil is locked in chains and we can't use as an excuse "the devil made me do it" and I can't start a clean repentance without also making things right to those I have done wrong.

Thank you.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm divided over the 'we are all sinners' mindset.

On one hand, nobody is perfect.  We do all hurt other people from time to time, and it is good to be aware of that, so one can try to improve.  And if someone doesn't like the thought of apologising, then the prospect of apologising for doing something wrong may be a deterant against doing that wrong in the first place.  Not to mention, if someone has been wronged, receiving an apology that someone means and intends to act upon, may help.

On the other hand, there are other mindsets that in practice do seem to be equally effective at promoting mindfulness and modifying behaviour, but which don't have the same negative side effects of harmful self image and loading people down with excess guilt (people who feel they are bad, because of 1% of their actions are harmful, while discounting as just their duty the other 99% of their actions).


Sackcloth is a coarse, black cloth made from goat’s hair that was worn together with the burnt ashes of wood

Job 16:15Job 42:6 See also Est 4:1La 2:10Joel 1:8

Sackcloth and ashes worn as a sign of repentance for sin

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:12 AM

 I wont be wearing a sacloth lol but after almost 5 years now of not living the life style I am supposed to in all aspects of my life it has been clear for almost a year that this life is not working and I am not happy like I used to be and for me I know it is because of all the wrong I have done and the life style I was living. I knew what needed to be done for many months but as I said i have been too lazy and too selfish and use being sick as an excuse.

Now I want to start clean for forgiveness for Ramadan and live the life style I should be in home, in my community, here where the whole world can see, every where. When I lived the right before I was happy. I am not happy like this. others have different beliefs and for them something else might make them happy.

I know I was happy when I was a good Muslim. Now I am not and have created many disasters in my life over the last few years. Many times when I am so mean here to other members it is my out let for my being miserable and not happy with what I have let myself become so when I have a bad mood then I just take it out here. Even though we are all strangers it is still not right and worse than that I give all Muslims a bad name which is not fair to them either.

I can not fast or anything for Ramadan because I am ill but it is much more than that. It is also time of repentance, making changes, exstending good will , charity, and repaiing or improving our relationship with God.

I am going to bed now but when I wake and shower and make my repentance I also want to come here with the anger, hard feelings, dislike, etc put behind me and try to go from there and in real life with a clean slate.

Thank you.

Quoting Clairwil:

I'm divided over the 'we are all sinners' mindset.

On one hand, nobody is perfect.  We do all hurt other people from time to time, and it is good to be aware of that, so one can try to improve.  And if someone doesn't like the thought of apologising, then the prospect of apologising for doing something wrong may be a deterant against doing that wrong in the first place.  Not to mention, if someone has been wronged, receiving an apology that someone means and intends to act upon, may help.

On the other hand, there are other mindsets that in practice do seem to be equally effective at promoting mindfulness and modifying behaviour, but which don't have the same negative side effects of harmful self image and loading people down with excess guilt (people who feel they are bad, because of 1% of their actions are harmful, while discounting as just their duty the other 99% of their actions).

 

Sackcloth is a coarse, black cloth made from goat’s hair that was worn together with the burnt ashes of wood

Job 16:15Job 42:6 See also Est 4:1La 2:10Joel 1:8

Sackcloth and ashes worn as a sign of repentance for sin

 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)