Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Ready To Be Horrified At What Schools Are Telling Kids About Sex

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM
  • 29 Replies

Get Ready To Be Horrified At What Schools Are Telling Kids About Sex

On a scale from 1 to 10 on the WTF meter, this is pretty much off the charts. Millions of kids are sitting in classrooms this school year where they could be taught inaccuracies about HIV and sex. Folks, it's clear we are doing it wrong. I don't know about you, but I think we owe it to kids to tell them the truth so they are not surprised by an unwanted pregnancy or an STD. Can't we at least get on board with that idea?

If you think sex education is as important as I do, join me in keeping our kids safe and share this information.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Im glad the school I went to when I had sex ed provided all acurate information.

BaronSamedi
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Simple take the effective sex education from Denmark and make it mandatory for all schools.  If a parent refuses and their child become pregnant they bear the entire cost.  Money as incentive will stop this stupidity.

littlemum41
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Schools had better get it right because kids need the accurate truth. You know parents quite often won't discuss the facts with their kids or they're ignorant and can't do it right.
That's why so many teens have sex when they're too young . Too many girls get pregnant . Lack of knowledge will cause a spread of disease.
This is incredibly important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

WTF with not requiring the information be medically accurate? 

Seriously?

Lolitalux
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't rely on my kid's school to teach sex education I teach them what they need to know myself. Always open and honest with my children. 

tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

The problem is a LOT of parents don't or won't or can't do it themselves.

Quoting Lolitalux:

I don't rely on my kid's school to teach sex education I teach them what they need to know myself. Always open and honest with my children. 

Lolitalux
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM

those parents should be charged with child neglect!

Quoting tattedmommy730:

The problem is a LOT of parents don't or won't or can't do it themselves.

Quoting Lolitalux:

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Are we shocked our country has incredibly high rates of teen pregnancy and STD's?  We shouldn't be.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BaronSamedi:

Simple take the effective sex education from Denmark and make it mandatory for all schools.  If a parent refuses and their child become pregnant they bear the entire cost.  Money as incentive will stop this stupidity.

An interesting concept.  An Denmark's rate of teen pregnancy is significantly lower than ours.

Octobersmom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I went to school in two of the states shown as no needing to teach it nor teach anything 'medically accurate'.  We were REQUIRED to take sex ed every year from 5th through 12th grade in both states and both were very comprehensive and accurate.  I tend to believe the Huff Post as an unbiased news source as much as Fox.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)