Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Woman’s Attempt To Troll Liberals Backfires When Someone Notices This Disturbing Similarity

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 70 Replies
5 moms liked this

Holly Fisher, a conservative Christian, has been getting insane amounts of attention recently by trolling liberals on social media over the Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby decision. Unfortunately, she tried to up the ante one too many times and now she has unintentionally become the living symbol of how fundamentalism, no matter in what religion, looks disturbingly similar.

After gaining internet fame for posing for a “conservative hat trick” by standing in front of a Hobby Lobby wearing a pro-life t-shirt and drinking out of a Chick-fil-a cup, Fisher wanted to find her next big political statement. Fisher’s fans had apparently been telling her that just standing in front of Hobby Lobby wasn’t good enough. The astute patriots noted that the most important aspects of being an American – guns, the Bible and the American flag – were conspicuously absent. Assuming she could get a further rise out of the liberals she hates so much, Fisher quickly tweeted a new photo to prove just how patriotic she was.

This prompted someone to post the obvious comparison: Fisher’s picture next to an almost identical picture of a young woman holding a similar rifle, in front of a Islamic flag and clutching the Quran. Even their crooked smiles are exactly the same. It’s uncanny.

Fisher, a self-described “Second Amendment supporting mother of three and wife of a military combat veteran” is an amazing reminder that had she been born in a different place in the world with a different religion she would proudly be standing up for Islam and not Christianity. Fundamentalism knows no national borders. See, we aren’t so different after all – even in our extremism.

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bird_on_a_wire
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol. Yep.

And as a veteran I hate that these types of people tout how their husbands are combat vets. They don't represent all of us.
Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM
12 moms liked this

To be fair, I had a quick search, to find a picture of an atheist holding up a copy of Darwin's book, and a weapon of destruction.

All I could find was this...

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM
10 moms liked this

an amazing reminder that had she been born in a different place in the world with a different religion she would proudly be standing up for Islam and not Christianity. Fundamentalism knows no national borders. See, we aren’t so different after all – even in our extremism.

You guys let me know when Holly Fisher blows herself up, killing herself and a number of innocent people in the name of Christianity.  THEN we can talk about how similar these 2 women are.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

...lol, ouch!

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:00 PM

stupid twit

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM
7 moms liked this

(M) Enough said.
Thanks to Angela ElSayed for posting this.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Hey second shifter - how was the cookout?

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Hi lover. Thought about you this weekend. BBQ was great. Got my hair done that morning. Didn't eat much but we sure did get our calories in alcohol. On Friday the fireworks started so late this year at 10 pm. Kids were so tired. Great weekend overall. Spent the day cleaning the house yesterday. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

UpSheRises
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

In other news...sometimes girls are flaky.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Flattered, of course.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Hi lover. Thought about you this weekend. BBQ was great. Got my hair done that morning. Didn't eat much but we sure did get our calories in alcohol. On Friday the fireworks started so late this year at 10 pm. Kids were so tired. Great weekend overall. Spent the day cleaning the house yesterday. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN