Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

We Don't Accept Medicaid

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • 49 Replies

Some doctors in RI are not accepting any patients on Medicaid.The senior living corp. that I work for is not accepting Medicaid or Medicare. Is this happening in your state?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. There are plenty of doctors, dentists and ophthalmologists that doesn't accept either. It's always been like this...nothing new.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:56 PM

agreed,

I have heard of this for yrs.

Doctors just dont like dealing with the government and getting screwed.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Yes. There are plenty of doctors, dentists and ophthalmologists that doesn't accept either. It's always been like this...nothing new.

Erika..

The best things in life are not things.

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah. I was talking to my own doctor about the families i serve having a hard time finding a doctor and he pretty much said that. He said the same thing about insurance companies...that he hates dealing with them and wishes people could jut pay for their medical care rather than having a system where insurance becomes the form of payment.

I can't think of very many situtions where a middle man improves a situation.

Quoting erika9009:

agreed,

Quoting UpSheRises:

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

They don't accept them because they don't get paid. Been happening for a long time. 

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:20 PM

GW tried to start that whole health savings account thing.  He kicked and beaten until he submitted to the insurance company lobbists.

I very much would love that idea of calling Dr office and asking how much if I paid cash or check.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Yeah. I was talking to my own doctor about the families i serve having a hard time finding a doctor and he pretty much said that. He said the same thing about insurance companies...that he hates dealing with them and wishes people could jut pay for their medical care rather than having a system where insurance becomes the form of payment.

Quoting erika9009:

agreed,

Quoting UpSheRises:

Erika..

The best things in life are not things.

stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:30 PM
This was the case for my doc in California way back in 2002/2003. I'm sure it is still an issue. I'm in RI now, but I'm military so I'm covered.
29again
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM
4 moms liked this

This is the norm.  The docs have quotas.  Once they have so many, they cut off that "insurance plan" because they don't get reimbursed for crap.  And then they wonder why the "poor" use the ER as their PCP. 

ndfan
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually went to pick up a prescription a Walmart for my dd. The lady said it was $9, then so asked if I had health insurance. Gave her my Cigna card. she said oh it's actually $99 because you have insurance 

Quoting erika9009:

GW tried to start that whole health savings account thing.  He kicked and beaten until he submitted to the insurance company lobbists.

I very much would love that idea of calling Dr office and asking how much if I paid cash or check.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting erika9009:

agreed,

Quoting UpSheRises:

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM

This is not unusual, it's been this way forever. Some don't and never have accepted it at all and some do but it does not cover certain services.

I have heard of some after Obama Care who did accept it and were told they had to relocate to keep accepting it. Don't understand the logic behind that but some have relocated others did not and just don't accept it anymore.

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

They have to fight like hell and wait forever to get paid and even then it is a little bit of nothing. As far as I have always known they don't even get paid their regular charge for services. The state decides what they will pay them which like I said is next to nothing.

Quoting erika9009:

agreed,

Quoting UpSheRises:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)