Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Corporation wants to know if employees are 'ally' of homosexuals

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM
  • 24 Replies

Many major corporations are bowing to homosexual activists and their agenda, but one corporation is taking its idea of "diversity" one step further.

"They want people to approve of homosexuality," Peter LaBarbera says of financial giant J.P. Morgan Chase, which already has a long history of participating in homosexual pride parades and making the corporation "LGBT friendly."

But an employee has disclosed a controversial question on an annual employee survey, which asked if the employee is "an ally of the LGBT community, but not personally identifying as LGBT."

The survey question was reported by Breitbart, which learned of the survey after an online blogger was contacted by the Chase employee.

Breitbart later heard from a second Chase employee who confirmed the survey question and said the annual survey is not anonymous.

LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, says it's apparent that homosexuals aren't demanding tolerance. They want more - and not just at Chase.

"In many, many ways," says LaBarbera, "now the homosexual lobby is demonstrating its intolerance and showing that they're willing to use the government or corporations to pressure people to be pro-homosexual."

Regarding the employee survey, LaBarbera points out that Chase employees were smart enough to understand the intent of the survey question.

"They're going to look at that survey and say, Boy, I better check the LGBT ally box so I don't lose my job," he tells OneNewsNow.

The Chase employee told the blog:

With the way things are going and the fact that LGBT rights are being viewed as pretty much tantamount to the civil rights movement of the mid-50s to late 60s, not selecting that option is essentially saying "I'm not an ally of civil rights;" which is a vague way to say "I'm a bigot." The worry among many of us is that those who didn't select that poorly placed, irrelevant option will be placed on the "you can fire these people first" list.

LaBarbera observes that Christians have a meek voice in the corporate world and "homosexuals have all the power."

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this
He said that she said that they said that the survey said...
1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Someone was telling me last night that she was asked on a for what her sexual affiliation was and she left it blank. It was pointed out to her that she "missed a question" she told them it was a non issue and they didn't need to know.

I also was signing up for something a couple weeks ago when I got to the bottom it asked my sex and the choices were "male, female, or other" What the hell is "other" ? I decided not to sign up and cancelled it and signed up with someone else.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this
LA Barbera sounds like a nut.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Help!

As the O.P. I am offended for her.

Quoting romalove: LA Barbera sounds like a nut.

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

"LaBarbera observes that Christians have a meek voice in the corporate world and "homosexuals have all the power.""

Holy cow, what an idiot.  First of all, there is no way that anyone can assume the intent of that survey question.   The same question, if asked by a conservative Christian company, can be just as dangerous for someone who would affirm their reocgnition that homosexuals should be accepted for who they are.

Secondly, what is with this odd blindness regarding the fact that not all Christians are right wing and most I know happen to accept homosexuals are not making a lifestyle choice, rather just being who they are.

Employee's beliefs, one way or another unless they spill out into the work place in a detrimental way, should be considered private.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
What an idiot. Of course we only get to see a tiny part of the question. Forget context.
kailu1835
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:05 PM
3 moms liked this
There's more than 2 genders.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Someone was telling me last night that she was asked on a for what her sexual affiliation was and she left it blank. It was pointed out to her that she "missed a question" she told them it was a non issue and they didn't need to know.

I also was signing up for something a couple weeks ago when I got to the bottom it asked my sex and the choices were "male, female, or other" What the hell is "other" ? I decided not to sign up and cancelled it and signed up with someone else.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this
You offended him by switching his gender. I suggest sending a fruit basket. No, wait, he might think that means something unintended. Send tickets to a tractor pull.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Help!

As the O.P. I am offended for her.

Quoting romalove: LA Barbera sounds like a nut.

Bird_on_a_wire
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Since I am doing a trial run of your program tell me what my stance should be on this one Rush.
PamR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't work there. That would be the OPs response if it were a corporation that didn't want employes who were an ally of homosexuality. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)