Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

"Bill Clinton Is A Rapist"

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Todd ‘Legitimate Rape’ Akin Wants Everyone To Know That Bill Clinton Is A Rapist

akin

On Sunday, former Republican Congressman Todd Akin wrote an op-ed for the far-right conspiracy website WorldNetDaily. The column was in response to an article about him and his upcoming book, ‘Firing Back,’ that appeared in Politico last week. The failed 2012 Senate candidate is outraged that Politicomisrepresented a quote from his book. He feels that the news publication edited a quote about former President Bill Clinton in order to protect both Clinton and his wife, who is thinking about running for the White House in 2016. Per Akin, Politico should have used the excerpt from his book exactly how it was written. In his book, Akin portrays Bill Clinton as “a credibly accused rapist.”

In the Politico article, the quote from the book is shown as such:

“[Bill Clinton] is giving the keynote speech at the Democratic convention in two weeks, and you want me to denounce a decent, God-fearing man for his inelegant comments about rape? No, not happening, and if the truth hurts, put some ice on it.”

Meanwhile, the direct quote from Akin’s book is as follows:

“A credibly accused rapist is giving the keynote speech at the Democratic convention in two weeks, and you want me to denounce a decent, God-fearing man for his inelegant comments about rape? No, not happening, and if the truth hurts, put some ice on it.”

The likely reason the Politico article writers bracketed the quote and inserted Bill Clinton’s name was to let the readers know exactly who Akin was referencing. Also, in the paragraph before the quote, the article points out that Akin wanted 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney to defend Akin’s “legitimate rape” comment and hammer Clinton over his past indiscretions and accusations that had been levied against him. Therefore, they weren’t necessarily trying to “protect” the ex-President or Mrs. Clinton.

Akin writes that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney should have defended him by using Clinton’s indiscretions and alleged comment that one woman “put some ice on that” just as Clinton was set to serve as a keynote speaker at the Democratic National Convention. In 2012, Romney denounced Akin’s comments and urged him to drop out of the race.

However, for Akin, he sees only a big liberal conspiracy. He thinks the majority of the media out there is in on it; they just want Hillary to be the next POTUS and will do anything to make it so. In his op-ed, Akin throws multiple charges at Bill Clinton, basically stating that he has raped or assaulted a number of women in his life. He then states that Hillary Clinton is complicit in all of this as she would protect Bill Clinton in the press and sully the reputations of the accusers in the media. He also makes sure to tarnish Mrs. Clinton by repeating the discredited conservative meme that Hillary joked about getting an accused rapist a light sentence.

Hillary Clinton’s role in all of this was to manage what the Clinton camp called “bimbo eruptions” and denounce women like Lewinsky and former Clinton girlfriend Gennifer Flowers as liars. According to Broaddrick, Hillary even made a veiled threat to her after the rape occurred.

The Politico reporters chose not to know any of this. They insisted that Clinton’s “impeachment involved Lewinsky, not sexual assault.” This long-standing evasion of the rape accusations against Clinton have allowed him to regain his popularity and allowed Hillary to perpetuate the Democratic nonsense about the so-called “Republican War on Women.”

The bottom line is that my career was ruined for my linking the words “legitimate and rape.” The Clintons, meanwhile, have maintained their careers only because the media have consciously delegitimized the rape and assault charges against Bill Clinton. And don’t get me started on Hillary’s jokey radio interview in which she took credit for springing a man she knew to be guilty of raping a 12-year-old girl.

The word “hypocrisy” does not do justice to this outrage.

Ahhh, no right-wing screed would be complete without a nice heaping dose of victimology. See, Akin is the real victim here. His political career was ruined by speaking truth to power while a “credibly accused rapist” is admired and loved by the American people. It just is not fair, I tell you!

The thing is, Akin should have been ecstatic that a well-read publication like Politico gave him and his book exposure. Instead, he whines about not being given a fair shake and complains about the ‘liberal media.’ Akin, you can go far away now. You’ve proven, once again, that you don’t deserve to be treated like a legitimate political figure.

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PamR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Some people are so desperate for attention.

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM
3 moms liked this

So now he defines legitimate rape as receiving oral sex from a willing participant?? He really needs to return to his rock.

littlemum41
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this

This Akin guy must be in early Alzheimers or some kind of senility. Or , heck, maybe he has always been this way. Dropped on his head after delivery?

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Is it just me, or is this guy talking in circles? I feel dizzy after reading this. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

He is talking about Juanita Broderick (sp) - one of the women that Clinton was known to have assaulted.

Maybe you should crawl out from under yours.

Quoting latashac:

So now he defines legitimate rape as receiving oral sex from a willing participant?? He really needs to return to his rock.

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh right the woman who had a grudge against him, who flipped flopped so much that no one knows the real turth. The one that came out of the bushes just in time to get her name mentioned. That woman???

She should be happy she was able to return to her rock.

Quoting Billiejeens:

He is talking about Juanita Broderick (sp) - one of the women that Clinton was known to have assaulted.

Quoting latashac:

tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM

When did all these women claim that he raped them? Was it after the lewinsky scandal? If so isn't it possible they just said these things to get attention and make him look bad? 

blondekosmic15
Wishing everyone a very happy new year~
Yesterday at 7:08 PM
by Blonde on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Wow! So all these women who came forward are a bunch of liars. You'll believe anything if you think Clinton is a nice guy. I hope and pray nothing likes this ever happens to you.

Quoting latashac:

Oh right the woman who had a grudge against him, who flipped flopped so much that no one knows the real turth. The one that came out of the bushes just in time to get her name mentioned. That woman???

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting latashac:

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I never said he was a nice guy but being a womanizer doesn't make him guilty of rape. If something like this ever happens to me I wouldn't wait some 20 years to say anything. It was like watching the dominos fall every time a new woman came out to say something. The timing of it all just left me scratching my head.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Wow! So all these women who came forward are a bunch of liars. You'll believe anything if you think Clinton is a nice guy. I hope and pray nothing likes this ever happens to you.

Quoting latashac:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting latashac:

littlemum41
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:28 PM

That's rude to accuse everyone of saying that these women are "Liars".

Clinton had many AFFAIRS with willing women, THIS woman is looking for attention and it happens to be currently in print because of Hillary's possible run for the Presidency in 2016. It is a concerted effort to smear the Clintons only.

He was a cheater ...but then most Presidents have been. ( You wouldn't know about that since you immerse youself in Right Wing media or the Bible) Ike, President Eisenhower. JFK, FDR...many other Presidents had affairs.  Google it or read something besides right wing  websites or the Bible.

Please, don't pretend to be such a perfect Christian woman after accusing a bunch of women  here . Please....the women were just having affairs and we know it. You pretend that women are all victims, that these women were all raped . Ridiculous. WOmen DO have affars. They aren't all" innocent victims".

They were willing participants , volunteering to have afffars with Bill. Juanita is coming forward years later to try again to ruin the Clinton name just in time for the 2016 elections. A candidate or President's affairs are not important. How they run the country is the only thing we need to know about and Clinton did a fine job as President in most people's opinion.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting latashac:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting latashac:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN