Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What's Causing the Latest Border crisis? A Brief Explainer

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

What's causing the latest border crisis? A brief explainer

IssuesAlan Greenblatt ·  ·
Demonstrators from opposing sides confront each other while being separated by police officers on July 4, outside a U.S. Border Patrol station in Murrieta, Calif. 
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Central American families may have been misled by rumors — Started by the Barack Obama Administation to cause another crisis, since he is unable to work within the parameters of the US Govenment and often spread by profit-seeking smugglers — that their children will readily be reunited with relatives already in the U.S.

Republicans argue that The president's 2012 decision not to deport so-called dreamers — young adults brought to the country illegally as children — has led more families to hope for similar treatment.

Ms.KitKat
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I really dislike rumor and gossip-mongers. It serves no purpose but to de-rail and promote hysteria. 

Next.

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Well then you will never like the first responder's responces.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I really dislike rumor and gossip-mongers. It serves no purpose but to de-rail and promote hysteria. 

Next.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Then don't do it.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Next.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM

eye rolling

Quoting trippyhippy:

Well then you will never like the first responder's responces.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Next.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Along with horrible conditions at home, Pres Obama's dream act just made it a no brainer to send thier kids.

Pres Obama needs to learn what unintended consqueses are.

I wonder if he actually cares?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Central American families may have been misled by rumors — Started by the Barack Obama Administation to cause another crisis, since he is unable to work within the parameters of the US Govenment and often spread by profit-seeking smugglers — that their children will readily be reunited with relatives already in the U.S.

Republicans argue that The president's 2012 decision not to deport so-called dreamers — young adults brought to the country illegally as children — has led more families to hope for similar treatment.

Erika..

The best things in life are not things.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I don't really understand how intellectally dishonest one has to be to actually fight this idea.

I have stated that I live in a very mixed middle class neighborhood, but 10 minutes up the road is a ghetto, where black people kill other black people almost nightly.

If someone went throught that neighborhood and told the people there that our homes are now open, we are not going to lock our doors, if you go inside, we are not going to ask you to leave, and we are not going to call the police; that night we would be over run.

That is exactly what Barack Obama did.

I don't think that they are unintended consequences in the least, and I think he does care, he wants to unmake the USA and remake it to suit him.

Quoting erika9009:

Along with horrible conditions at home, Pres Obama's dream act just made it a no brainer to send thier kids.

Pres Obama needs to learn what unintended consqueses are.

I wonder if he actually cares?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)