Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Congressional Staffer Arrested With Gun on Capitol Hill

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

U.S. Capitol Police arrested a congressional staffer who brought a handgun to a House of Representatives office building this morning.

Ryan Shucard, press secretary to Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa., was arrested around 9:15 a.m. after police discovered a Smith & Wesson 9 mm handgun and magazine during an administrative search required to enter the Cannon House Office Building, Lt. Kimberly Schneider, a spokeswoman for the Capitol Police, confirmed to ABC News.

Shucard is charged with carrying a pistol without a license, which is a felony, and was processed at the Capitol Police headquarters, police said.

Marino’s office has placed Shucard on indefinite unpaid leave while the investigation is ongoing, Marino’s chief of staff Bill Tighe told ABC News. Marino has been notified of the incident, he said.

All indications from Capitol Police suggest Shucard accidentally brought the weapon onto Capitol grounds, Tighe said.

ABC News’ John Parkinson contributed to this report.

Guess bring your guns to work day at the Capitol was yesterday.

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ms.KitKat
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Who the heck accidentally brings an unlicensed fire arm to work- when work requires a metal detector check.......gesh- you have to remove your watch and belt to get in- but oops! how'd that little thingee get in my pocket...........[insert eye roll]

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe he thought he left it in his other pants.
1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Quoting latashac: Maybe he thought he left it in his other pants.

lol He must being used to walking around with allot of heavy crap in his pockets if that's the case. It always kills me when they say "pending investigation" What's there to investigate ? He was caught red handed in possession, end of story, nothing to investigate. I do not know why they always so say that.

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok does everyone get featured or am I just special??? Maybe it is becauise it is my first post in this group but either way....snaps to me!!!!

good

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Whenever I see pending investigation, I know that means slap on the wrist and back to work Monday. I somehow think that if I did it there would be no investigating. There would possibly be bail and a trial date set.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting latashac: Maybe he thought he left it in his other pants.

lol He must being used to walking around with allot of heavy crap in his pockets if that's the case. It always kills me when they say "pending investigation" What's there to investigate ? He was caught red handed in possession, end of story, nothing to investigate. I do not know why they always so say that.

littlemum41
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN