Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Unintentionally Hilarious Video Asking Elizabeth Warren To Run

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

"Run Run Run, Run Liz Run, You gotta run for the office and get the job done. "

A new video from “Ready for Warren” is asking Senator Elizabeth Warren to “Run Liz Run,” and it is hilariously bad.

The video, published only a few days ago, has the campaign drafting Warren to challenge Hillary Clinton for the Democratic 2016 Presidential nomination.

Filmed at the Netroots Nation 2014 in Detroit, the group is hoping to build on the momentum Warren has been receiving, especially with the rumors surfacing of Barack Obama urging Warren to run. 

From their website:

We are progressives ready to support someone who isn’t afraid to take on powerful interests like the Wall Street banks that crashed our economy.

We are students in New Hampshire worried about how we’ll make it after racking up thousands of dollars in debt to get an education. Moms in Iowa struggling to raise families while costs go up each day but paychecks don’t keep pace. 

We aren’t wealthy or well-connected. We don’t have any lobbyists. What we are is a movement of individuals working together who believe that folks like us should have a greater say in the direction of our country.

The song was written and performed by Jesse Murphy & Friends. 

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG, this makes my sides hurt.

laughing

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The Net-nuts convention.

eye rolling

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I really wish I hadn't seen that.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this

You can't unsee that.

The weird thing - you would think Warren SUPPORTERS wouldn't post clips of her speaking and shaking her arms, that make her look a bit like Der Fuhrer speaking and shaking his arms.

Quoting lylalane7275:

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:37 PM

LOL!!  You are absolutely correct.

Quoting SallyMJ:

You can't unsee that.

The weird thing - you would think Warren SUPPORTERS wouldn't post clips of her speaking and shaking her arms, that make her look a bit like Der Fuhrer speaking and shaking his arms.

Quoting lylalane7275:

littlemum41
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Every time one of you compare the Fuhrer, Hitler to an American Politician, it is disgustingly dishonest and low class.

Makes me sick.

Quoting SallyMJ:

You can't unsee that.

Quoting lylalane7275:

littlemum41
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:42 PM

These people are not professinal singers and songwriters. You seem to think it is fun to make fun of them. You're like school kids, bullies, making fun of others to feel like you are "better".. Shame on you.

It didn't make me laugh. It was kind of entertaining. Even though they are ordinary people like you and I.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:08 PM

The only similiarity I mentioned is the way they speak on video/film.

It's disgusting, dishonest, and low class for you to imply I said something else.

:)

Quoting littlemum41:

Every time one of you compare the Fuhrer, Hitler to an American Politician, it is disgustingly dishonest and low class.

Makes me sick.

Quoting SallyMJ:

You can't unsee that.

Quoting lylalane7275:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Wake, up LM - This is a marketing video that was released publicly. This is a serious piece, supposed to make people want to vote for Warren. Do you REALLY think it's a quality PR piece? Does it really place her in the best light? Would President Obama ever have come up with something this tacky? Short answer: NO, NO, and NO.

If conservatives came up with a marketing video like this, I'd be embarrassed, satirize it, and help make something better.

If you like Warren, be glad it's early in the game, and come up with a better video.  If not, shame on YOU.

And see if you are old enough to engage in satire. Can't progressives laugh at the other party and themselves? Or are conservatives the only ones able to do that?

Quoting littlemum41:

These people are not professinal singers and songwriters. You seem to think it is fun to make fun of them. You're like school kids, bullies, making fun of others to feel like you are "better".. Shame on you.

It didn't make me laugh. It was kind of entertaining. Even though they are ordinary people like you and I.

Ms.KitKat
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I recommend you read something on the topic of the Holocaust before you spew such ignorant hate-speech.

Somthing to get your started: Elie Wiesel's Night

Quoting SallyMJ:

You can't unsee that.

Quoting lylalane7275:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN