Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Kanye West: Celebrities Are Treated Like Blacks In The 60's

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 22 Replies

"And I had to say this in a position where I, from the art world, am marrying Kim."

Kanye West is known as a mega-entertainer whose antics tend to create controversy.  In his latest remark, West compared celebrities to blacks in the 1960’s, complaining that he is a victim. 

In an interview with GQ Magazine, Zach Baron asked the rap-mogul about a forty-five minute toast West gave to himself at his wedding to 100% talent-free celebrity Kim Kardashian.  West replied:

And what I talked about in it was the idea of celebrity, and celebrities being treated like blacks were in the '60s, having no rights, and the fact that people can slander your name. I said that in the toast. And I had to say this in a position where I, from the art world, am marrying Kim. And how we're going to fight to raise the respect level for celebrities so that my daughter can live a more normal life. She didn't choose to be a celebrity. But she is. So I'm going to fight to make sure she has a better life.

Yes, West is exactly like blacks during the 1960’s - except that he is said to have a net worth of $120 million.  This is the same guy who boasted, “I am a black American male from Chicago who had my rehearsal dinner at Versailles and then got married in Florence with a view of the entire city.” 

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Congratluations, you did the impossible.  We agree.  Totally asinine.

tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM
He choose that life
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Hard as I might try, I don't think that I can make this about race, Kanye transcends race.

He is simply stupid.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
And yet he and his wife call paparazzi to cover them, they have "reality show(s)". Whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh Kanye.  Stop talking.  Really.  Just. Stop. Talking.

mcdun
by Humboldt California on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Every time I read about Kanye West i'm like... 

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Kanye has never been the same since his mother died years ago.

I would hardly compare treatment of black Americans from the 1960s to treatment now.America has definitely come a long way since then.

MelanieJK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The Kim who is only a celebrity because of a sex tape is going to work with him to raise the respect level for celebrities?     hmmm

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

He married a fame whore.  They charged the tabloids millions for pictures of their wedding.  And their child.  And he is complaining that the media won't leave him alone?  No.

btamilee
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

This man cannot open his mouth...without sounding like a compete idiot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN