Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ted Cruz bares fangs at ‘misogynist’ True Blood episode mocking him

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
  • 0 Replies
Ted Cruz speaks to ABC News

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Tuesday attacked the HBO vampire series True Blood — calling it “misogynist and profanity-ridden” — after the show featured him on Sunday’s episode.

“Of all the places I never thought to be mentioned, HBO’s True Blood vampire show would have to be near the top of the list. Sunday night, they aired a misogynist and profanity-ridden episode where Texas Republicans are murdered attending a ‘Ted Cruz fundraiser,’” he wrote on hisFacebook page.

“Well, I’m sorry to have lost the vampire vote, but am astonished (and amused) that HBO is suggesting that hard-core leftists are blood-sucking fiends,” the Texas Republican said.

In the episode, characters Eric Northman and Pam De Beaufort dress up in stereotypical Texan Republican trappings to infiltrate a Cruz fundraising event in Dallas. “Oh my God. I’m a Republic*nt,” Pam remarks after seeing herself in the mirror.

Once she arrives at the gala, Pam adds: “Of all the horrible things I’ve seen over the last 100 years, this could be the most disturbing.”

On Twitter, Cruz used the slight to joke about Democrats committing voter fraud.

“Then again, I guess I never had a chance w/ the vampire vote since the dead tend to vote overwhelmingly for Dems,” he tweeted.

Watch video, via Crooks and Liars, below.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/22/ted-cruz-bares-fangs-at-misogynist-true-blood-episode-mocking-him/

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)