Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Major Gun Manufacturer Taking $45 Million Investment, 300 Jobs to Tennessee Over Fear of Gun Control

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Major Gun Manufacturer Taking $45 Million Investment, 300 Jobs to Tennessee Over Fear of Gun Control

Beretta U.S.A. Corp. announced on Tuesday that it plans to move its entire U.S. manufacturing operation from its current location in Accokeek, Maryland, to Gallatin, Tennessee, due to a fear of gun control legislation that may pass the Maryland Legislature in the future.

Beretta

Beretta

“During the legislative session in Maryland that resulted in passage of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, the version of the statute that passed the Maryland Senate would have prohibited Beretta U.S.A. from being able to manufacture, store or even import into the State products that we sell to customers throughout the United States and around the world,” Beretta General Manager Jeff Cooper said in a statement.

“While we were able in the Maryland House of Delegates to reverse some of those obstructive provisions, the possibility that such restrictions might be reinstated in the future leaves us very worried about the wisdom of maintaining a firearm manufacturing factory in the State,” he added.

Cooper said the gun manufacturer initially planned to use the new Tennessee facility only for new equipment and production of new product lines, but the company decided that it is “more prudent from the point of view of our future welfare” to move the full manufacturing operation to the new facility.

The new Beretta facility in Gallatin, Tennessee, is scheduled to be opened in mid-2015. Beretta U.S.A. is expecting the new location to involve a $45 million investment in building and equipment as well as the hiring of around 300 employees in the new few years.

“Administrative and executive support functions” will remain at the Accokeek, Maryland, facility.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Thanks Obama!!   That's 300 taxpayers that wont be paying for your vacations..  Hope it dwindles to the point that the only vacation you get is a trip for a mac and cheese. 

vic270
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Great, we welcome new jobs. this will be, great keep them coming.

fireangel5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Good news for Tennessee!

BaronSamedi
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Obama's and the Dem have hurt themselves and the public now will reap the loss of jobs and tax payers. Many will move to Tn for those good jobs.

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
If I read this correctly they're just transferring operations from one state to another. What will be Maryland's loss is Tennessee's gain.

So I don't understand this post.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Thanks Obama!!   That's 300 taxpayers that wont be paying for your vacations..  Hope it dwindles to the point that the only vacation you get is a trip for a mac and cheese. 

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing she says has to make sense. It is the Maryland legislature that is making the move. Perhaps she doesn't understand that Obama doesn't actually control those aspects. Even if she did it wouldn't stop these idiotic posts.

Quoting idunno1234: If I read this correctly they're just transferring operations from one state to another. What will be Maryland's loss is Tennessee's gain. So I don't understand this post.
Quoting Ednarooni160:

Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting latashac:

Nothing she says has to make sense. It is the Maryland legislature that is making the move. Perhaps she doesn't understand that Obama doesn't actually control those aspects. Even if she did it wouldn't stop these idiotic posts.

Quoting idunno1234: If I read this correctly they're just transferring operations from one state to another. What will be Maryland's loss is Tennessee's gain. So I don't understand this post.
Quoting Ednarooni160:

Like Obama hasn't done public announcements about gun control using little kids in the back ground..did you forget that?

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

After a massacre at a elementary school. But hey, who needs to acknowledge details these days.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting latashac:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Like Obama hasn't done public announcements about gun control using little kids in the back ground..did you forget that?

Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Hmmm..I read that wrong..you're right..thanks for the catch..

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I agree.  Pres Obama really had nothing to do with this

This is the Maryland politicians making it difficult for the mfg to be there.

Quoting latashac:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Erika..

The best things in life are not things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)