Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ben Stein: 'Jew Hatred' Exists 'in the Media'

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 14 Replies

The mainstream media exhibit a disturbing malice for Jews that smacks of anti-Semitism, actor, economist and commentator Ben Stein tells Newsmax TV.

"There's just a certain amount of Jew hatred in the media, especially in the elite media, that cannot be overcome or explained away,'' Stein said Tuesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show.''

Story continues below video.

Note: Watch Newsmax TV now on DIRECTV Ch. 349 and DISH Ch. 223
Get Newsmax TV on your cable system
Click Here Now

"The media in this country for a very long time has been contemptuous of Jews and contemptuous of Jewish life," Stein said.

"This was true during the Holocaust, when the media was largely controlled by old, lying, wealthy, white Protestant males, and it's true now when it's controlled by mostly left-wingers.''

Stein, a former speechwriter for Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford and an actor in such films as "Ghostbusters II,'' said media defenders try to "pretend it's not anti-Semitism, it's really anti-Israel, but it's really anti-Semitism.''

Just as upsetting is the fact that Jews themselves have key positions in today's media, he said.

"The media likes to portray Jews as bullies and murderers and . . . it's kind of amazing to me, because so much of the media is Jewish,'' he said.

"Some of that media is very, very good. I mean, I look at people like [The Weekly Standard founder] Bill Kristol, he's absolutely fabulous. But there's a deep-seated self-hatred, especially [among] the New York City elite media.

"They want to show they're not Jewish by being anti-Israel, and it's not going to work. We know they're Jewish and we know that they're not being fair to their own people, but they'll keep doing it.''

Stein said the media has unfairly slammed Israel for its military strikes against Hamas, which last week fired rockets at key Israeli cities.

"We're supposed to think there's something wrong with them for defending their country,'' said Stein, who is also a Newsmax contributor.

"Every story about the war in Gaza should begin with 'Hamas started it, Hamas endlessly refuses to have a ceasefire.'

"Hamas could have an incredibly prosperous and happy, peaceful partnership with Israel, and they don't, they prefer to fight, they prefer to kill.''

Stein lashed out at Secretary of State John Kerry for his sarcastic off-camera remark about Israel's military strike against Hamas in Gaza as "a hell of a pinpoint operation.''

"Terrible, shocking, shocking. Kerry is a perfect example of everything we have talked about, because Kerry is Jewish – ethnically,'' Stein said.

"Yet he is so eager to push an image as a WASP gentile and to look down his nose on Israel. He is sort of a perfect specimen of the kind of behavior we're talking about.''

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM
3 moms liked this

If the media supported Obama..you know they more than likely (not all..but the majority) are not going to support Israel..not like it should be supported.

blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course the MSM is not going to support Israel. Majority of Journalists and news reporters are progressive liberals.

vic270
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that if Obama supported them as an ally like most every president before him, they would to.The media seems to follow what ever he shows interest in. If he does something they don't like, they just don't report it.

blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Many in the media are puppets to this admin. According to them Obama is infallible.

Quoting vic270:

I think that if Obama supported them as an ally like most every president before him, they would to.The media seems to follow what ever he shows interest in. If he does something they don't like, they just don't report it.

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Thats so funny since the Jews own most of the Media..

From southern France, Christopher Jones summarizes and comments on a report on the assassination of President Kennedy. Need I stress that WAIS censors only direct attacks on other WAISers and grossly improper laguage.

Christopher says: "I glanced at the Kennedy assassination site and found this; it fits into our discussion of Hollywood stereotypes and the slavish behavior of the US press after the 9/11 tragedy and in the run up to the invasion of Iraq. In a quick rundown, the website recapitulates an old story that I heard back in the late sixties and early seventies in California: that Kennedy was liquidated by the mafia whose kingpin was Meyer Lansky (pal of Lucky Luciano). In fact, I could add a small tidbit which the author may or may not have covered: that Marilyn Monroe was murdered by the mafia as a warning to her lovers; Bobby and Jack Kennedy. The story of the Corsican hit squad was documented in a TV documentary in Europe. Of course it would be interesting to know more about Auguste Ricord and his collaboration wih the Gestapo and if he had anything to do with our old friend, Mandel Szkolnikoff.

"Today, seven Jewish Americans run the vast majority of US television networks, the printed press, the Hollywood movie industry, the book publishing industry, and the recording industry. Most of these industries are bundled into huge media conglomerates run by the following seven individuals:

Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner

Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company

Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc

Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric

Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven Jewish men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.

Most of the larger independent newspapers are owned by Jewish interests as well. An example is media mogul is Samuel I. "Si" Newhouse, who owns two dozen daily newspapers from Staten Island to Oregon, plus the Sunday supplement Parade; the Conde Nast collection of magazines, including Vogue, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Allure, GQ, and Self; the publishing firms of Random House, Knopf, Crown, and Ballantine, among other imprints; and cable franchises with over one million subscribers."

I coul d add that Michael Eisner could depart Disney tomorrow but the company will remain in the hands of Shamrock Holdings, whose principal office is now located in Israel".
http://www.rense.com/general44/sevenjewishamericans.htm
Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Amazing how many self-hating Jews there are out there.

Quoting -Celestial-:

From southern France, Christopher Jones summarizes and comments on a report on the assassination of President Kennedy. Need I stress that WAIS censors only direct attacks on other WAISers and grossly improper laguage.

Christopher says: "I glanced at the Kennedy assassination site and found this; it fits into our discussion of Hollywood stereotypes and the slavish behavior of the US press after the 9/11 tragedy and in the run up to the invasion of Iraq. In a quick rundown, the website recapitulates an old story that I heard back in the late sixties and early seventies in California: that Kennedy was liquidated by the mafia whose kingpin was Meyer Lansky (pal of Lucky Luciano). In fact, I could add a small tidbit which the author may or may not have covered: that Marilyn Monroe was murdered by the mafia as a warning to her lovers; Bobby and Jack Kennedy. The story of the Corsican hit squad was documented in a TV documentary in Europe. Of course it would be interesting to know more about Auguste Ricord and his collaboration wih the Gestapo and if he had anything to do with our old friend, Mandel Szkolnikoff.

"Today, seven Jewish Americans run the vast majority of US television networks, the printed press, the Hollywood movie industry, the book publishing industry, and the recording industry. Most of these industries are bundled into huge media conglomerates run by the following seven individuals:

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Those seven Jewish men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.

Most of the larger independent newspapers are owned by Jewish interests as well. An example is media mogul is Samuel I. "Si" Newhouse, who owns two dozen daily newspapers from Staten Island to Oregon, plus the Sunday supplement Parade; the Conde Nast collection of magazines, including Vogue, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Allure, GQ, and Self; the publishing firms of Random House, Knopf, Crown, and Ballantine, among other imprints; and cable franchises with over one million subscribers."

I coul d add that Michael Eisner could depart Disney tomorrow but the company will remain in the hands of Shamrock Holdings, whose principal office is now located in Israel".

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I was going to say the same thing.  Also, most of the Jews I know, and I know quite a few, are extremely liberal, even the ones who are pro-Israeli, even have Israeli relatives.

I think Stein is just resenting the fact that the traditionally pro Israeli US populace and media is starting to see that regardless of the why, a whole bunch of innocent Palestinian women and children are dying and there is no way to spin anything positive on those who, regardless of the possible abhorrent tactics of Hamas, decide to keep bombing anyway.

Quoting -Celestial-:

mjmorrison
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

your info is WAY out of date, check your FACTS.

Quoting -Celestial-:

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Truth is the majority are Jewish by name only

Quoting Billiejeens:

Amazing how many self-hating Jews there are out there.

Quoting -Celestial-:

collectivecow
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

No offense, but Rense is one of the largest anti-semitic/hate websites on the Net. Completely invalidates the source.

Quoting -Celestial-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)