Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

legality is not morality

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:04 AM
  • 89 Replies
5 moms liked this

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaday
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM
17 moms liked this
Funny thing is, I find trying to legislate medical decisions immoral. Especially when legislating those do not stop people from having abortions, only serve to keep them from having them SAFELY. It's also immoral that those who try to do so fight to make preventive measures more difficult to maintain. Then on top of it all, I find it extremely immoral to deny help to those who do go their moral route and keep the baby they are struggling to afford.
Clairwil
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:09 AM
4 moms liked this

I agree that just because something is legal, that doesn't mean it is moral.

However, just because something is immoral, that doesn't mean it ought to be illegal.

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:01 AM
4 moms liked this

It's sad that murder has become legal, since Roe vs Wade 56 million unborn babies were aborted and 125,000 daily are daily aborted.

Sister_Someone
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:54 AM
6 moms liked this

And morality is neither empirically measured nor uniform. Just because I consider something to be right (or wrong), it doesn't mean that the person who walked past me on the street would agree. Therefore, morality should NEVER be used as an argument in legal proceedings. It's all sorts of wrong, dangerous, and profoundly stupid.

With all that said, I personally find governmental intrusion in private medical decisions to be considerably more wrong than abortion itself, and especially when it wouldn't even help. Abolishing the right to abortion would not actually eradicate abortion, it would exclusively serve to increase the number of women who die or suffer permanent consequences resulting from unsanitary abortion or attempt thereof.

Sister_Someone
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:58 AM
3 moms liked this

...that doesn't even make any sense. "Murder has become legal" is an oxymoron. 'Murder' IS a legal term to begin with, which refers to UNLAWFUL killing. Since abortion is LEGAL, it cannot possibly be murder by any definition of the word.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

It's sad that murder has become legal, since Roe vs Wade was overturned 56 million unborn babies were aborted and 125,000 daily.

seemommyrun
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:31 AM
3 moms liked this

You can't legislate morality, and morality is subjective.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe this is true..Germany during Hitler's reign were doing things that were "legal"..and it was the most horrific "legal" acts ever.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:31 AM
4 moms liked this
Who's morality should we codify?
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM

travel BUMP!

Ms.KitKat
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Hitler had morals. He dreamed of a perfect society based on his morals. Heck- he even disliked libs. Seems like Hitler and some cm'ers have a common bond there.

Eliminating the Jews was the key to Hitler's utopia. His driving ambition was to free the world from the shackles of conscience and morality; to turn the world away from monotheism. He fashioned his own brand of religion out of a philosophy based on indulging all of man's basest desires. The "Hitler Youth" sang this song:

We have no need for Christian virtue.
Our leader is our savior.
The pope and rabbi shall be gone.
We shall be pagans once again.

Hitler's picture of the perfect world was a return to a state of jungle-type existence, where "might makes right." He said:

In a natural order, the classes are peoples superimposed on one another in strata, instead of living as neighbors. To this order we shall return as soon as the after-effects of liberalism have been removed.
Quoting Ednarooni160:

I believe this is true..Germany during Hitler's reign were doing things that were "legal"..and it was the most horrific "legal" acts ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)