Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation'

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:47 AM
  • 102 Replies

Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation'

On Sunday, President Obama and First Lady Michelle released a statement thanking Muslim Americans for their many “achievements and contributions… to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.”

The comments were made to mark the celebration of Eid-al-Fitr, a time of spiritual renewal for Muslims which comes at the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan. The Obamas said in their statement that Eid “celebrates the common values that unite us in our humanity” and “welcomed their commitment to giving back to their communities.” The International Business Times reports that during Eid, Muslims join in Islamic prayer, while saying "Allahu Akbar," or "God is Great," and feasting.

The statement further reads that the administration “wishes Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration.” The letter ended with salutation of “Eid Mubarak,” which roughly means “blessed celebration.”

VIDEO HERE:  http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/28/Obama-Celebrates-Muslim-Contributions-to-the-USA

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn. Miss the good ol days when presidents exclusively thanked Anglo americans only..
PamR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes - Muslims, along with Christians, Jews, athetists - you name it - built the fabric of the nation. 

strictgram
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Christian persecution by Muslims? Can't be bothered by that!

fireangel5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM
4 moms liked this

You didn't build it!!!

1stmuslimah
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Muslim's do make allot achievements and make allot of contributions going back to back to approximately 200 year's before Columbus (1492) and before what he now known as the USA. and long before the English.

Eid Al-Fitr is not a "spiritual renewal. It is our holiday, a three day long holiday. If their is any kind of "renewal" to make it would be done the previous month of Month, Ramadan.

And just to really show how incredibly stupid this author is..... EVERY SINGLE prayer 5 time's a day, every day and all extra prayer's as well say "Allahu Akbad  is said over and over throughout the prayer starting with the beginning of EVERY raka and it's been that way for 1435  year's. Why is that even issue after it has been said EVERY SINGLE  prayer for 1435 year's. Why is it an issue any way's ?

This author really needs to pick up just kind of simple, basic, maybe a childrens book and read up on few fact's before writing an article that makes him look him look like a real ass.

Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:23 PM
6 moms liked this

Guess the native Americans are out once again..just saying.

1stmuslimah
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Nope not exactly the Muslim's were in what is today known as the Application mountain's in the south and the where the native Indian's were and they intermarried with them.

But this guy is REAL jack ass as everything he said is incorrect in addition to what Eid Al-Fitr is and stating that "A" prayer reciting "Allahu akbar" was said when for 1435 year'a NO prayer would even be a prayer if it weren't said.

Still trying to figure out the point in even mentioning it.

Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Nope not exactly the Muslim's were in what is today known as the Application mountain's in the south and the where the native Indian's were and they intermarried with them.

But this guy is REAL jack ass as everything he said is incorrect in addition to what Eid Al-Fitr is and stating that "A" prayer reciting "Allahu akbar" was said when for 1435 year'a NO prayer would even be a prayer if it weren't said.

I just don't get it... I'm sure they have many accomplishments..as do others of other religions and races..but I do not see how they are the very "fabric" of our nation..

AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Makes sense. Muslims were here but they had to hide what they were most of the time. Many slaves were forcibly converted while others were ignored. But they were here, as much as some people find that politically inconvenient, they were here too.
1stmuslimah
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I agree I would not go as far as to say made up the "very fabric" of America. I do know they were here long before what is consider the American's, I also know most of modern and traditional medicine practiced today originates from Islamic medicine. A few other thing's, many other thing about the history of their contribution's to what is now America too but I am busy with my daughter and got to be out the door in 45 minutes and might be back tonight to go into more detail

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

I just don't get it... I'm sure they have many accomplishments..as do others of other religions and races..but I do not see how they are the very "fabric" of our nation..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)