Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama Administration Is ‘Not to Ever Second-Guess Me Again’: Israeli Prime Minister Lashes Out

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Eds
  • 140 Replies
2 moms liked this

Obama Administration Is ‘Not to Ever Second-Guess Me Again’: Israeli Prime Minister Lashes Out

After a U.S.- and U.N.-brokered cease-fire fell apart hours after it began — because, Israeli officials said, Hamas “flagrantly violated” the truce —  Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lashed out at President Barack Obama’s White House, instructing the administration, “not to ever second-guess me again.”

US President Barack Obama(R) listens to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a meeting in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, March 3, 2014. AFP PHOTO / Saul LOEB SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images

US President Barack Obama(R) listens to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a meeting in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, March 3, 2014. Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images

As the Associated Press reported:

An Israeli official said the Netanyahu government viewed both Hamas and Qatar as having violated the commitment given to the U.S. and the U.N. and that it expected the international community to take practical steps as part of a “strong and swift response,” especially regarding the return of the abducted soldier.

In a phone call with U.S. Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro, Netanyahu vented his anger, according to people familiar with the call.

Netanyahu told Shapiro the Obama administration was “not to ever second-guess me again” and that Washington should trust his judgment on how to deal with Hamas, according to the people. Netanyahu added that he now “expected” the U.S. and other countries to fully support Israel’s offensive in Gaza, according to those familiar with the call. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter by name.

The tongue-lashing from Netanyahu seems to be merely the latest indication that the Obama administration is ill-equipped to settle the conflict between Israel and Hamas.

On Sunday, TheBlaze reported on the Israeli media’s widespread disdain for Secretary of State John Kerry, who was called “pathetic” and “embarrassing” and whose apparently naive approach to the peace process brought comparisons to “an alien, who just disembarked his spaceship in the Mideast.”

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:01 AM
9 moms liked this

If only Obama had the brains and gonads of Netanyahu.....

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Difference like night and day..

AdrianneHill
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol
Maybe you could rub yourselves off as he personally kills Honduran children as they cross the border with his bare hands as a warning to the rest.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM

BUMP!

littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Oh boy. First you think Putin is a real man and Obama is a sissy. Now you think this guy has brains and gonads and Obama doesn't. Why do you sound so prejudiced and resentful of OUR country's leader and so fond of foreign leaders? Kinda un-American, in my opinion.

Tell us PLEASE precisely what Obama should do about this...with details ,okay?

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't have the time or energy to respond to your ridiculous reply.  I've got 47 replies/likes to read.....as I just got home after 36 hours in the hospital.  So, prattle on.

Quoting littlemum41:

Quoting grandmab125:

Oh boy. First you think Putin is a real man and Obama is a sissy. Now you think this guy has brains and gonads and Obama doesn't. Why do you sound so prejudiced and resentful of OUR country's leader and so fond of foreign leaders? Kinda un-American, in my opinion.

littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I KNEW you have no answers. You just post about gonads and bash OUR President. For fun . No substance to your posts. Just vents.
Now you say you don't have time.
Bwahaha.
Good job.

Quoting grandmab125:

I don't have the time or energy to respond to your ridiculous reply.  I've got 47 replies/likes to read.....as I just got home after 36 hours in the hospital.  So, prattle on.

Quoting littlemum41:

Quoting grandmab125:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM
6 moms liked this

Off topic a minute, but I'm sorry to hear you have been in the hospital.  I hope all is okay and you are doing better.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting littlemum41:

Quoting grandmab125:

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM
5 moms liked this

In all fairness, she said she has been in the hospital and just got home. She's already trying to catch up with notifications.  The least you could have done was to show compassion for her having been in the hospital.  Then, perhaps you could have asked her if she would respond later when she has a little more time.  How can you expect answers when she just got home?

Quoting littlemum41: I KNEW you have no answers. You just post about gonads and bash OUR President. For fun . No substance to your posts. Just vents. Now you say you don't have time. Bwahaha. Good job.
Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting littlemum41:

Quoting grandmab125:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you alright?

Quoting grandmab125:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN