Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Nancy Pelosi Freaks Out and Chases Republican Across the House Floor!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:49 PM
  • 56 Replies

A wonderful scene played out on the floor of the House on Friday night - Representative Tom Marino (R-PA) gave a speech that got Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) so angry that she literally ran across the House building to accost him!

Watch the speech and notice Pelosi angrily confront Rep. Marino - which is completely "Not Cool" in our legislative format. After all, this isn't Great Britain folks!

"We don't have law and order," Marino said during debate on the border bill. "My colleagues on the other side don't want to do anything about it. ...Under the leadership of the former Speaker...they knew this problem existed. They didn't have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now."

This comment set Pelosi off and she sprinted across the floor to yell at Marino.

"Yes it is true," Marino said after Pelosi challenged him. "I did the research on it. You might want to try it. You might want to try it, Madam Leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That's one thing that you don't do."

Here's what Rep. Marino said after the confrontation.

marino1

marino2

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM
3 moms liked this

She loves the attention, but not the negative.  I guess the truth coming out was a little too much for her...

Mrs.KAZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM
4 moms liked this
She's a nutter! She can't handle being called out, why do the constituents keep voting for her?
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I've been saying it for a long time now, the woman is crazy and should retire.  She really ticks me off when she tries to tie stuff to God, Jesus or the Bible.  She seems to think she has a direct pipeline to 'the big guy'.  She probably hasn't set foot in a church since her last kid had its confirmation.

AdrianneHill
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought republicans were supposed to respect this kind of behavior. Whether it be screaming "you lie" during a presidential speech in front of congress or getting up and walking out in protest during the funeral of a world leader because you don't like who is giving the eulogy, conservatives have lately applauded those who spit on social courtesy, politeness, and order because you've decided that being basic human decency is a sign of weakness in yourselves but absolutely required at all times in other people. You seem to have a plethora of reasons and excuses to not work or play well with others but have no patience for anyone who is reticent on working with or trusting you.
Surely you can see the hypocrisy.
Can't you?
Maybe she's just trying to adapt your winning strategy of the past several years.
Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:15 AM
5 moms liked this

Pelosi and Obama are two of a kiind and very scary that they're running our country.

candlegal
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:23 AM
5 moms liked this
she really needs to retire.
Mrs.KAZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
It is one thing to yell something out or get up and leave. But it is another altogether, to stalk over to someone wagging a finger in someone's face and going off like a loon.
The aforementioned protests did not directly engage anyone, and did not effect what was going on during a session of the House.

Quoting AdrianneHill: I thought republicans wee supposed to reflect this kind of behavior. Whether it be screaming "you lie" during a presidential speech in front of congress or getting up and walking out in protest during the funeral of a world leader because you don't like who is giving the eulogy, conservatives have lately applauded those who spit on social courtesy, politeness, and order because you've decided that being basic human decency is a sign of weakness in yourselves but absolutely required at all times in other people. You seem to have a plethora of reasons and excuses to not work or play well with others but have no patience for anyone who is reticent on working with or trusting you.
Surely you can see the hypocrisy.
Can't you?
Maybe she's just trying to adapt your winning strategy of the past several years.
littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame her. He's a jerk. Insignificant.

WHen he said "Do your research" I laughed. It sounded just like CM moms, just as silly.

littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Pelosi and Obama are two of a kiind and very scary that they're running our country.

I think they're great!  :)

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Why is he a jerk?  Do you have personal knowledge of him?

He is insignificant?  He is the duly elected representative of the people in his district, are they insignificant too?

Why is doing research on a subject one is not well versed on funny or silly?

Quoting littlemum41:

I don't blame her. He's a jerk. Insignificant.

WHen he said "Do your research" I laughed. It sounded just like CM moms, just as silly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN