Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

MI Christian’s antigay rant caught on video: ‘F**king f**got — you should be put to death!’

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

A video recorded by a gay man in Delta Township, Michigan shows one man’s violent, antigay rant, and reveals the kind of religiously motivated harassment many LGBT people face every day of their lives.

WILX.com reported that on Tuesday evening, Isaiah Tweedie and his friends were leaving a restaurant when fellow patron Victor Sadet followed them outside and launched a fusillade of taunts and verbal abuse at the group and at Tweedie in particular.

Tweedie took out his camera phone and began to film.

“Say it, again,” he said to Sadet.

“I said, ‘fucking faggot.’ You want a picture? Take a picture,” said Sadet, advancing on the group.

The New Civil Rights Movement blogtranscribed Sadet’s remarks, in which he said that Tweedie should be murdered for his orientation as per the Christian Bible.

“You’re a fucking faggot,” Sadet said. “God’s law — Leviticus, Leviticus — you should be put to death!”

WILX contacted Sadet, who said his “religious principles” compelled him to confront Tweedie and his friends.

The verbal attack was technically legal under Michigan law, in spite of a nondiscrimination ordinance passed by Delta Township last year, according to law professor Emily Harvath.

“The ordinance only applies to the restaurant’s treatment of its patrons,” Harvath told WILX. “Because patrons treatment of other patrons is covered by that individual’s First Amendment right.”

Michigan does not have hate crime protections in place for LGBT people. The state only has the so-called “ethnic intimidation statute,” which protects people based on “race, color, religion, gender, or national origin,” but not sexual orientation or gender identity.

Watch video of the bigoted rant, embedded below via YouTube user MightyMighty Spandaniel:

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Tweedie was so trolling him.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM

What a sad excuse for a human being. 

D-Town
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Classy.
lovemercygrace
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, He forgot where Jesus said to Love your neighbor, that is for sure, I did not watch the video, Because, well, I don't want to see such hateful things.

Ok I watched it, I like when the guy with the camera, calls him sweetie and Says "I love you" LOL! Way to Rise above!

Make a Friend, Be a Friend, Lead a friend to Christ.

Mrs.KAZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this
This is not all Christians, I think most Christians are not bothered by gay people. I am not, but unfortunately there are people like this who do not follow the path of Jesus the way He layed it out.
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Thanks for standing up and speaking out. 

Quoting Mrs.KAZ: This is not all Christians, I think most Christians are not bothered by gay people. I am not, but unfortunately there are people like this who do not follow the path of Jesus the way He layed it out.

Mrs.KAZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Anytime;-) Thanks to you too.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Thanks for standing up and speaking out. 

Quoting Mrs.KAZ: This is not all Christians, I think most Christians are not bothered by gay people. I am not, but unfortunately there are people like this who do not follow the path of Jesus the way He layed it out.

Sekirei
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Sadly, the most vocal.. are the biggest assholes.

"I promise not to maim you too much,
I just want to hear you screaming my name....in pain or what not, doesn't matter to me."

~Nari

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Sadet is a dinosaur.  He just doesn't know that he's extinct yet.  Kinda like how snakes will still thrash around even after they've been decapitated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN