Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Children Are Reportedly Being Systematically Beheaded By ISIS In Iraq

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  • 93 Replies

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/religion-society/children-being-systematically-beheaded-isis-iraq

Islamic extremist group ISIS is continuing its systematic genocide of Christians, Kurds and non-Sunni Muslims in Iraq. Just this week, the group allegedly beheaded a group of Christian children and put their heads on stakes for display in a community park.

In an interview with CNN, Mark Arabo, a Chaldean-American with intimate knowledge of the situation, stated, "There is a park in Mosul, where [ISIS] they actually beheaded children and put their heads on a stick and have them in the park," he reported. "More children are getting beheaded, mothers are getting raped and killed, and fathers are being hung."

Catholicnews.org has posted some extremely graphic photographs seemingly confirming the horrific news from Iraq.

In recent months, the terror group ISIS has strengthened its grip on Iraq, killing thousands in their wake. In the last few weeks, ISIS has been behind bombings at Shiite mosques and Christian churches.

The recent atrocities committed by ISIS have pushed the civilian death toll close to 6,000 for 2014 so far, while over 1.2 million civilians have fled their homes, according to The Guardian.

According to Arabo, ISIS is marking the homes of many of those who have fled with "death stamps". This means that if any of these people return to their homes, ISIS will kill them on sight.

"This is a crime against humanity," Arabo stated. "This is much broader than a community or a state. This is crime against humanity. They are doing the most horrendous, the most heart-breaking crimes that you can think of."

He continued, "Christian holocaust is in our midst. This should never be happening in 2014."

Fox News is reporting, "Pope Francis also is calling for world governments to take measures to protect Christians driven from their villages in northern Iraq and provide them with humanitarian aid."

- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/religion-society/children-being-systematically-beheaded-isis-iraq#sthash.r6XyvK4R.dpuf

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I just saw this on my FB page and am horrified, ISIS are pure evil and need to be stopped.

stormborn
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Christians have been doing this shit to everyone else for thousands of years. Is it right? No, not at all, but you can only push people so far.

MelanieJK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM
5 moms liked this

You have to be kidding.    You're blaming ISIS on Christians?         

Perhaps you should stop partaking in the spoils of all that Christian evil.     It might give you an ounce of credibility.

Quoting stormborn:

Christians have been doing this shit to everyone else for thousands of years. Is it right? No, not at all, but you can only push people so far.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Della529
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Need a new meme with Saddam in it and the caption "Do you miss me now?"
joyfree
by Kat on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:42 PM
4 moms liked this

I wish that I could unsee those photos. I know it's nothing new, but this is supposed to be the 21st century!

I feel so badly for the victims of these atrocities and at the same time so very grateful that I live in the USA, where things aren't always peachy, but oh, SO much better than living in perpetual chaos.

sad

Seashell77
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

After reading this article, I agree with Arabo, that it is a crime against humanity and a religious (3 different groups involved) holocaust and the united nations needs to do something, among other groups. The world should not be turning a blind eye to this.

29again
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

You can't tell me that these people worship the same God that I do.  There is no way on Earth that these monsters worship a loving just God.  ISIS is pure and total evil, in every thing they do.  I am not a fan of violence, but those vermin can't be exterminated soon enough for me. 

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:20 AM
5 moms liked this

There are just no words adequate enough to describe the horror of what they are doing to people.  And very young innocent children, too?  ISIS is pure evil. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of treatment.  They should experience their own treatment.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM
5 moms liked this

"You can only push people so far?"  Could you please clarify what that means in terms of what ISIS is doing to those people, including young children?  Did you see the heartbreaking photos of the precious little girl who was beheaded by ISIS?

Quoting stormborn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN