• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laura Ingraham discovers Bush is to blame for ISIS: ‘Iraq is worse than before we went in’

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

Laura Ingraham discovers Bush is to blame for ISIS: ‘Iraq is worse than before we went in’

By David Edwards
Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:08 EDT

Laura Ingraham speaks to Fox News

Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham lamented over the weekend that Iraq was worse now because President George W. Bush had invaded the country in 2003.

During a panel segment on Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace asked Ingraham if President Barack Obama had made the correct decision by ordering airstrikes against ISIS, a group of Islamic radicals who are taking advantage of a power vacuum in Iraq to slowly seize control of the country.

“It’s really hard, I don’t think you can judge how he did right now,” she admitted. “We’re almost in an impossible situation. The America people really have no appetite for America to reengage. They don’t want us to go into Syria.”

“He’s now reluctantly seeing the perils of inaction,” the radio host continued. “If we do nothing here, then what? I mean, let’s say Iraq does fall, which I think is a possibility. Iraq may fall. If, indeed, there are no boots are the ground, not going to happen, can’t happen.”

Ingraham added that she was “not saying” she wanted to see U.S. forces return to Iraq: “I don’t know if there’s a good solution right now, which is a horrible thing to say for the United States of America.”

Later in the segment, Ingraham pointed out that al Qaeda — through its ISIS offshoot group — was “becoming the Islamic state.”

“We tried to do all these things in Iraq, now Iraq is worse off!” she exclaimed. “I mean, I hate to say that, but Iraq is worse than before we went in to Iraq. Christians are gone, there’s no sense of order at all.”

“Saddam Hussein is gone. That’s a good thing, but what’s left? A more embolden Islamic state.”

Watch the video below from Fox News Sunday, broadcast Aug. 10, 2014.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TappyToes
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Iraq was 'open for sale' as soon as Saddam was gone.  Now it has reverted back in time .....

joyfree
by Kat on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I almost cannot believe that Laura would state this for the world to hear. Is her contract not being renewed?

shock

littlemum41
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Oh my!

BaronSamedi
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Finally some people are waking up that here are different traditions and cultures that do not recognize the Western way as they only way.  Dictator keep order.  The power vacuum happened after the 1st gulf war when there was a organized opposition to Saddam that had the backing of many when he left the  foolishness of rebuilding is clear.  If the US had not wasted years pacifying  thses  factions would be at each other's throats for years to come.

AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:35 AM
Guess who realizes the need for another iron fist? The only thing that sucks about the order that comes from the iron fist is that eventually the iron fist is all that works.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)