Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Real War On Women

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 5:57 AM
  • 72 Replies
4 moms liked this

What does 'The War on Women' really look like? It looks like Islamic State beheading women, forcing them into slavery, raping them, beating them, mutilating them and violating them with unspeakable acts of violence and perversion. It doesn't look like what some groups in America call the 'War on Women.' Which is, refusing to pay for abortion inducing drugs in health care. That is pathetic, embarrassing, demeaning, and insulting.

Really puts our first world problems into perspective! American women want the right to murder their children while the women in Iraq just want the right to not have their children beheaded! 

Americans have never experienced a real war on women and I pray that we never do!

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 5:59 AM
3 moms liked this

I saw this posted in another group and got permission from the OP to post this. I agree with what this says as ISIS comes to mind.

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:26 AM
6 moms liked this

I hate the phrase "war on women" because it was used for political nonsense and therefore deflects from the fact that women, even in the US, live in a patriarchal society and suffer as a result, sometimes horribly.

Abuse and oppression of women is not legalized, sanctioned or approved by the US government.  However, go behind closed doors, go in various churches and communities and you see that it still happens.

So when you post things like Americans have never experienced a real war on women, I disagree.  I know many women who ended up in a fight for their lives or at the very least lead lives that are totally controlled by the men who are supposed to love them.  We live in a country that in its several hundred year history has been unable to elect a female POTUS, has few female legislators, few female CEOs.  Progress has been made but its at a snail's pace.

I know this is often a choice females make because it is women who are forced to choose between raising children or making a career but I tend to think its more insidious than that when its still the worst insult, in THIS country, to call a boy a girl.  

In all countries, it is the poor who suffer the most from unintended pregnancies, lack of access to bc and yes, as much as you hate it, abortions.  It is the inability or unwillingness (due to a belief there is no other future) to control family size that holds women back.  Just like everywhere else in the world, it is the poor in the US who have the highest unintended pregnancy rate.  What does this tell you?  Why do you think that is?  And what do you think we should do about it?

I don't find it pathetic, I find it sad that people, especially other women, are dismissive of the very real issues facing women, especially poor women, in the US today.

candlegal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM
7 moms liked this

You are right Faith, we have no idea in this country what a war on women really looks like.

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting candlegal:

You are right Faith, we have no idea in this country what a war on women really looks like.

No, we have no clue at all, what happens in our country is nothing compared to what the women and mothers are going through under the persecution and murder sprees of ISIS.

candlegal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM
5 moms liked this

Actually here we have a war on babies but most women do not want to acnowledge that.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting candlegal:

No, we have no clue at all, what happens in our country is nothing compared to what the women and mothers are going through under the persecution and murder sprees of ISIS.

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

That's because they don't consider the unborn to be babies until their viability or even at birth which is insane to think something as crazy as that, smh.

Quoting candlegal:

Actually here we have a war on babies but most women do not want to acnowledge that.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting candlegal:

candlegal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
5 moms liked this

How many liberals on CM consistently say Christians in America have no idea what it is like to be persecuted for their religion?   Women in America have no idea what a real war on women is about.  All we have here is an imagined war  on women.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

That's because they don't consider the unborn to be babies until their viability or even at birth which is insane to think something as crazy as that, smh.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting candlegal:

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you

Quoting candlegal:

How many liberals on CM consistenly say Christians in America have no idea what it is like to be persecuted for their religion?   Women in America have no idea what a real war on women is about.  All we have here is an imagined war  on women.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting candlegal:

..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely agree.

Do horrific things happen to women elsewhere? Yes. And it's awful and it makes me angry. It doesn't mean that I will minimize the treatment and inequality of women in THIS country.

Quoting idunno1234:

I hate the phrase "war on women" because it was used for political nonsense and therefore deflects from the fact that women, even in the US, live in a patriarchal society and suffer as a result, sometimes horribly.

Abuse and oppression of women is not legalized, sanctioned or approved by the US government.  However, go behind closed doors, go in various churches and communities and you see that it still happens.

So when you post things like Americans have never experienced a real war on women, I disagree.  I know many women who ended up in a fight for their lives or at the very least lead lives that are totally controlled by the men who are supposed to love them.  We live in a country that in its several hundred year history has been unable to elect a female POTUS, has few female legislators, few female CEOs.  Progress has been made but its at a snail's pace.

I know this is often a choice females make because it is women who are forced to choose between raising children or making a career but I tend to think its more insidious than that when its still the worst insult, in THIS country, to call a boy a girl.  

In all countries, it is the poor who suffer the most from unintended pregnancies, lack of access to bc and yes, as much as you hate it, abortions.  It is the inability or unwillingness (due to a belief there is no other future) to control family size that holds women back.  Just like everywhere else in the world, it is the poor in the US who have the highest unintended pregnancy rate.  What does this tell you?  Why do you think that is?  And what do you think we should do about it?

I don't find it pathetic, I find it sad that people, especially other women, are dismissive of the very real issues facing women, especially poor women, in the US today.

tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Just because their struggles are worse doesnt make ours any less real. Thats luke say jenny shouldnt be upset that her dad molests her every night because mollys dad rapes her every night. its ridiculous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN