Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Cuba’s Fidel Castro Blames “United States Empire” For Palestinian Holocaust In Gaza

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:09 AM
  • 19 Replies
Castro says the U.S. “empire” is complicit in Israel’s invasion of the Gaza Strip, comparing it to the “Nazi genocide of Jews.” And he wonders where the outcry is. He believes that the world will not let this “macabre genocide” and “shameful massacre” pass unnoticed.

Castro says the U.S. “empire” is complicit in Israel’s invasion of the Gaza Strip, comparing it to the “Nazi genocide of Jews.” And he wonders where the outcry is. He believes that the world will not let this “macabre genocide” and “shameful massacre” pass unnoticed.

The world according to Fidel Castro. I have often wondered what the world would look like from the eyes of Fidel Castro. And now I have my chance. He wrote a column, “A Repugnant New Form Of Fascism The Palestinian Holocaust In Gaza” for the Granma, a Cuban online publication.  As I begin to dissect his column, I have an eerie feeling that I’ll have to hang from my feet like a bat in a cave to understand what he is saying. But to start off I plan to be right-side-up.

Castro immediatly quotes Simon Bolivar, renowned South American general.  The guy is known as “El Liberator (The Liberator) and the “George Washington of South America.”

“…the United States appears to be destined by providence to plague America with misery in the name of liberty.” [As an aside, although the U.S. has commandeered the word “America,” apparently all those living above us (Canada) and below us (a bunch) have a claim to the word, too.]

Castro says the U.S. “empire” is complicit in Israel’s invasion of the Gaza Strip with the “Nazi genocide of Jews.” And he wonders where the outcry is. He believes that the world will not let this “macabre genocide” and “shameful massacre” pass unnoticed.

“The shameful, criminal war in the Gaza Strip, a piece of land where the population lives in what remains of what was independent Palestine only 50 years ago.”

Castro says that the French media reported,

“The war between the Islamist Palestinian movement Hamas and Israel has caused the deaths of…Palestinians,… the destruction of thousands of homes, and ruined an economy which was already weakened.”

He talks about the number of hospitals closed or damaged (2/3). Then he says

“This Palestinian enclave of 362 km² does not have the infrastructure needed for 1.8 million inhabitants, above all in terms of the provision of electricity and water.”

This dictator in-residence says that the economy on the Gaza Strip is horrid,

“According to the IMF (International Money Fund), the rate of unemployment surpasses 40% in the Gaza Strip, territory subjected to an Israeli blockade since 2006. In 2000, unemployment was 20%, and in 2011, 30%. More than 70% of the population depends on humanitarian aid during normal periods, according toGisha, a pro-Gaza organization intent upon protecting “the freedom of movement of Palestinians.

And Castro plays the sympathy card about an eight-year-old girl dying during a broken humanitarian truce. He counts the number of “Palestinians murdered,”

“French Minister of Foreign Affairs Laurent Fabius stated this Monday that Israel’s right to security does not justify the massacre of civilians taking place.”

The once-dictator lives life on a platform of military strength and power but weaves economic wealth into his plan.

“The human species is living in an unprecedented stage of history. A crash between military planes or warships which are closely watched, or other similar events could unleash a conflict with the use of sophisticated, modern weapons, which could become the last known adventure of Homo sapiens.”

The end of all civilization. That is powerful. And the U.S. is weak he says,

“It can be stated that there is no government in this country [U.S.], no Senate, no Congress, CIA or Pentagon which will determine the final outcome. It is truly sad that this should happen when the dangers are so great, but the opportunities to move forward are great as well.”

The old dictator reminisces about the Russian people rising up like Spartans (citizen-soldiers with strict moral codes and sense of duty) to defend their country and how the U.S. and Europe seriously underestimates them.  He says the U.S.underestimates the Chinese, too,

“the earth’s most dynamic economic force. Countries want yuan and not dollars to acquire goods and technology, and increased trade.”

And he looks toward emerging forces of “Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa,” as they “establish links” with Latin America, Africa and the Caribbean. And as a post script, he tosses the U.S., Europe and Japan into the mix.

“Twenty-six million Russians died in the defense of their homeland against the Nazis. Chinese combatants, men and women, inheritors of a millennial culture, are people of uncommon intelligence and an invincible spirit of struggle. Xi Jinping is one of the strongest and most capable revolutionary leaders I have met in my life.”

Like the Spartans, Russian civilians rose up to defend their homeland. The Chinese are like that, too, and they have economic power. Watch out, he warns the U.S.

“A just idea in the depth of a cave is stronger than an army.”

Ah now I know why this felt like a trip to the bat cave – because it was. The only question that remains is: What character does Castro play? I’m thinking, the Joker.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/12/cubas-fidel-castro-blames-united-states-empire-for-palestinian-holocaust-in-gaza/

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kailu1835
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this

What a moron.  This is not a holocaust.  The Jews never did squat except be Jews.  Palestinians started this conflict.  They can hardly be considered blameless.

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM

The Palestinians started the conflict??

You mean it has nothing at all to do with countries not anywhere near that part of the world deciding to form a country within a country without that country's permission, then arming it to the teeth, providing it with nukes and allying ourselves with it?

But beyond that, is this old geezer still alive???  I thought he was on his death bed years ago, lol.

Quoting kailu1835:

What a moron.  This is not a holocaust.  The Jews never did squat except be Jews.  Palestinians started this conflict.  They can hardly be considered blameless.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, they did.  Israelites have lived there for millenia.  Many were banished, but many stayed there.  There has never been a country called Palestine.  Never.  Emperor Hadrian, in an attempt to destroy Jewish identity, renamed the region Syria-Palestinia (that is the latin word for philistine, the enemies of the jews) as a public insult to jews.

Up until 1964, the people who call themselves palestinians today referred to themselves as Arabs.  Naming themselves Palestinians was a publicity stunt by Yassir Arafat, who didn't use that name until '64, and, by the way, is a known terrorist.

What you are referring to is the League of Nations (early UN) officially giving the Jews back their homeland from the people who stole it in the first place.  The jews were already there, though jews from exiled ancestry started to return as well.  I would like to point out that the British Empire had control of the land at this point, so were well within their rights to initiate such a land transfer.

The Jews continued to expand via land purchases from Arab lords.  The region, which had been desolate swamps and deserts turned green after the jews returned, via farming and transplanting, and they turned the region into a lush environment, and created a ton of jobs, creating a good economy.

It wasn't until AFTER the Jews had turned things around in the region that the Arabs decided they were going to come enmass, to the point that they greatly outnumbered the Jews.  Then Britain, behind the Jews' backs, sold 75% of their land out from under them.  The arabs were pissed that they didn't get it all, and didn't want the jews to have any of it, so the UN decided to appease the Arabs and divvied up the remaining 25% between them.    The jews accepted the partitian, and declared independance on May 14th, 1948.  The next day, 5 arab armies invaded israel, and that is how we come to the current conflict.  The Arabs, along with the UN, are 100% responsible for the current conflict, Palestine included, and they deserve everything they are currently getting.

I will mention that out of around 460,000 arabs that were in Israel, 300,000 fled to join the army against Israel, but 160,000 remained.  There is still a vital Arab population, and those Arabs have more freedom in Israel than in any other Arab population.  When these citizens were offered the opportunity to leave Israel and become a part of "Palestine", nobody left.  I think that's pretty signficant, don't you?

The UN drafted and ratified Resolution 194 which called for Arabs and Israelites to live in peace.  Israel was willing, the Arabs in question were not.  So Israel postponed repatriation until the neighboring countries recognized their right to exist.  In '67, 9 different Arab nations declared war on Israel, promising to exterminate every last Jew on earth.  Israel put a very swift stop to that, and defeated the Arabs in only 6 days (which indicates that they could stop this now if they chose to).

Every deal on the table since then has basically been to say "bow down to the Palestinians and they'll stop trying to kill you."  Every time such an offer is accepted, the Arabs break the treaty anyway.  You can see why they would refuse any more such offers.  Peace treaties are supposed to be compromises.  These are not compromises, they are orders to back down from what they were promised and what was theirs to begin with. 

I think if anyone on these boards is going to go off about Israel, they should at least have a basic understand of the historical facts.

Quoting idunno1234:

You mean it has nothing at all to do with countries not anywhere near that part of the world deciding to form a country within a country without that country's permission, then arming it to the teeth, providing it with nukes and allying ourselves with it?

But beyond that, is this old geezer still alive???  I thought he was on his death bed years ago, lol.

Quoting kailu1835:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Fidel is pretty much echoing the thinking over in the cess pool.

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
You do realize that this is one very skewed perspective I hope.

What you are describing would be akin to having other far away nations declaring a part of the US now belonging to the native Americans. Then arming them and allying themselves with them.

Like it or not, want to acknowledge them or not, those differing perspectives won't conveniently go away.

Picture yourself as one of the 3/4 million Palestinians displaced by the formation of Israel and being caught up in everything that has ensued. Would you have posted the same as you just did?

Quoting kailu1835:

Yes, they did.  Israelites have lived there for millenia.  Many were banished, but many stayed there.  There has never been a country called Palestine.  Never.  Emperor Hadrian, in an attempt to destroy Jewish identity, renamed the region Syria-Palestinia (that is the latin word for philistine, the enemies of the jews) as a public insult to jews.

Up until 1964, the people who call themselves palestinians today referred to themselves as Arabs.  Naming themselves Palestinians was a publicity stunt by Yassir Arafat, who didn't use that name until '64, and, by the way, is a known terrorist.

What you are referring to is the League of Nations (early UN) officially giving the Jews back their homeland from the people who stole it in the first place.  The jews were already there, though jews from exiled ancestry started to return as well.  I would like to point out that the British Empire had control of the land at this point, so were well within their rights to initiate such a land transfer.

The Jews continued to expand via land purchases from Arab lords.  The region, which had been desolate swamps and deserts turned green after the jews returned, via farming and transplanting, and they turned the region into a lush environment, and created a ton of jobs, creating a good economy.

It wasn't until AFTER the Jews had turned things around in the region that the Arabs decided they were going to come enmass, to the point that they greatly outnumbered the Jews.  Then Britain, behind the Jews' backs, sold 75% of their land out from under them.  The arabs were pissed that they didn't get it all, and didn't want the jews to have any of it, so the UN decided to appease the Arabs and divvied up the remaining 25% between them.    The jews accepted the partitian, and declared independance on May 14th, 1948.  The next day, 5 arab armies invaded israel, and that is how we come to the current conflict.  The Arabs, along with the UN, are 100% responsible for the current conflict, Palestine included, and they deserve everything they are currently getting.

I will mention that out of around 460,000 arabs that were in Israel, 300,000 fled to join the army against Israel, but 160,000 remained.  There is still a vital Arab population, and those Arabs have more freedom in Israel than in any other Arab population.  When these citizens were offered the opportunity to leave Israel and become a part of "Palestine", nobody left.  I think that's pretty signficant, don't you?

The UN drafted and ratified Resolution 194 which called for Arabs and Israelites to live in peace.  Israel was willing, the Arabs in question were not.  So Israel postponed repatriation until the neighboring countries recognized their right to exist.  In '67, 9 different Arab nations declared war on Israel, promising to exterminate every last Jew on earth.  Israel put a very swift stop to that, and defeated the Arabs in only 6 days (which indicates that they could stop this now if they chose to).

Every deal on the table since then has basically been to say "bow down to the Palestinians and they'll stop trying to kill you."  Every time such an offer is accepted, the Arabs break the treaty anyway.  You can see why they would refuse any more such offers.  Peace treaties are supposed to be compromises.  These are not compromises, they are orders to back down from what they were promised and what was theirs to begin with. 

I think if anyone on these boards is going to go off about Israel, they should at least have a basic understand of the historical facts.

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting kailu1835:

Nysa
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM

copy and paste your reply into whatever word processor you have. Than use the replace word feature to change "Isralies" to "Native Americans". Than change "Palistinians" to "Americans". After that re read what you wrote. I feel like your feelings on the matter would be very different if we were in their place.

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting kailu1835:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
kailu1835
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this

It's not a skewed perspective, it is factual, unadulterated history.  Learn something other than the revisionist crap that is fed to you via media or public school.

Quoting idunno1234: You do realize that this is one very skewed perspective I hope. What you are describing would be akin to having other far away nations declaring a part of the US now belonging to the native Americans. Then arming them and allying themselves with them. Like it or not, want to acknowledge them or not, those differing perspectives won't conveniently go away. Picture yourself as one of the 3/4 million Palestinians displaced by the formation of Israel and being caught up in everything that has ensued. Would you have posted the same as you just did?
Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting kailu1835:

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not getting caught up in your nonesense.  Your argument would only make sense if Native Americans had been forcibly removed from their country and then came back.  The two senarios are not even remotely comparable.

Quoting Nysa:

copy and paste your reply into whatever word processor you have. Than use the replace word feature to change "Isralies" to "Native Americans". Than change "Palistinians" to "Americans". After that re read what you wrote. I feel like your feelings on the matter would be very different if we were in their place.

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting kailu1835:

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
ROTFLMAO!!!

I can't imagine anyone actually thinking there is anything close to a factual unadulterated history.

People can't even agree on recent events between posters on cm, including the ones that were directly involved and yet you think what you posted was "factual unadulterated history".

Man, just when I think I've seen it all....

Quoting kailu1835:

It's not a skewed perspective, it is factual, unadulterated history.  Learn something other than the revisionist crap that is fed to you via media or public school.

Quoting idunno1234: You do realize that this is one very skewed perspective I hope.

What you are describing would be akin to having other far away nations declaring a part of the US now belonging to the native Americans. Then arming them and allying themselves with them.

Like it or not, want to acknowledge them or not, those differing perspectives won't conveniently go away.

Picture yourself as one of the 3/4 million Palestinians displaced by the formation of Israel and being caught up in everything that has ensued. Would you have posted the same as you just did?

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting kailu1835:

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Please just stop.  If you're not willing to actually explore history, and are just willing to eat what is spoonfed to you, that's your perrogative, but these are the facts as they happened.

Quoting idunno1234: ROTFLMAO!!! I can't imagine anyone actually thinking there is anything close to a factual unadulterated history. People can't even agree on recent events between posters on cm, including the ones that were directly involved and yet you think what you posted was "factual unadulterated history". Man, just when I think I've seen it all....
Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting idunno1234: You do realize that this is one very skewed perspective I hope. What you are describing would be akin to having other far away nations declaring a part of the US now belonging to the native Americans. Then arming them and allying themselves with them. Like it or not, want to acknowledge them or not, those differing perspectives won't conveniently go away. Picture yourself as one of the 3/4 million Palestinians displaced by the formation of Israel and being caught up in everything that has ensued. Would you have posted the same as you just did?
Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting kailu1835:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN