Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Federal Judge Rules Millions of AR-15 Rifles Not Covered by Second Amendment

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:50 AM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- U.S. Federal Judge Catherine C. Blake has released a lengthy opinion (see below)  which essentially says guns regulated by Maryland last year, including the AR-15 and the AK-style rifle-along with other magazine fed, semi-automatics fall outside Second Amendment protections, calling them “dangerous and unusual arms”.

U.S. Federal Judge Catherine C. Blake, fails basic Constitution test, “shall not infringed means what?”

The opinion comes in a case brought by the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) brought challenging the constitutionality of Maryland’s new law.

Among her arguments, Judge Blake wrote that “the court was not persuaded that assault weapons are commonly possessed based on the absolute number of those weapons owned by the public.”

“Blake went on to write that, even accepting the 8.2 million “assault weapons” in civilian hands, they represented no more than three percent of the current civilian gun stock with ownership “highly concentrated” into less than one-percent of the U.S. population.”

In a written statement one of the plaintiffs in the case, Maryland Shall Issue said;

“Maryland Shall Issue is disappointed to announce that the “Assault Weapons” ban provision of SB281 has been held constitutional by the District Court. We thank the judge for her willingness to hear our claims and render a timely opinion. ”

“We will be pursuing an appeal.”

Baltimore District Court Gun Ruling Gun Are Dangerous

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2014/08/federal-judge-rules-millions-of-ar-15-rifles-not-covered-by-second-amendment/#ixzz3AihTn0QP 

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelenia
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Bump
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:40 AM
4 moms liked this

Don't worry, this will be overturned. Her reasoning is bizarre.

Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this
I hope so. It is my belief that the second amendment was put in place so that the people could form a militia and protect themselves against the government if ever need be.

Quoting SallyMJ:

littlemum41
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Isn't an AR 15 mores suitable for the Miltary and not the average person???

I could see a guy wanting a hunting rifle such as a Remington, or a pistol for home protection ( not really necessary but allowable for those of you who are skeeered of someone breaking in, ya know )

But an AR15? Nahhh.  I have heard from friends that AR15's are perfect for the ammosexuals.

:)

MelanieJK
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

According to FBI data the average American is more likely to be killed with hands,  fist or feet than rifles.     

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Interesting to watch where this goes.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Schauseil: I hope so. It is my belief that the second amendment was put in place so that the people could form a militia and protect themselves against the government if ever need be.
Quoting SallyMJ:

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

"with other magazine fed, semi-automatics " 

that describes just about every firearm in the United States not classified as a revolver.

She would've been a Tory.

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Remington sells hunting rifles that are magazine fed. Pistols are also magazine fed. Her ruling would also ban those as well.

Quoting littlemum41:

I could see a guy wanting a hunting rifle such as a Remington, or a pistol for home protection ( not really necessary but allowable for those of you who are skeeered of someone breaking in, ya know )

But an AR15? Nahhh.  I have heard from friends that AR15's are perfect for the ammosexuals.

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
littlemum41
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:46 PM

But , semi automatics? WHy would anyone want that type of weapon?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Remington sells hunting rifles that are magazine fed. Pistols are also magazine fed. Her ruling would also ban those as well.

Quoting littlemum41:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)