Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Officer Darren Wilson Suffered "Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket"

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 101 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Gateway Pundit can now confirm from two local St. Louis sources that police Officer Darren Wilson suffered facial fractures during his confrontation with deceased 18 year-old Michael Brown. Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the shooting death of Brown. This was after Michael Brown and his accomplice Dorian Johnson robbed a local Ferguson convenience store.

Local St. Louis sources said Wilson suffered an “orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.” This comes from a source within the District Attorney’s office and confirmed by the St. Louis County Police.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-report-po-darren-wilson-suffered-orbital-blowout-fracture-to-eye-socket-during-encounter-with-mike-brown/

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:22 PM
8 moms liked this

Yep.  I'd say having your eye socket fractured might make one fear for their life.

Abaco
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree with grandmab. Brown was obviously a thug. And I can't blame Officer Wilson for doing what he did to protect himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Yep.  I'd say having your eye socket fractured might make one fear for their life.

Yes as well as struggling with someone trying to take your gun from you after you're punched in the eye and can barely see. It's kinda hard to aim and shoot a gun when you're practically blinded. He obviously was defending his life and shooting Brown was a justifiable act. 

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Abaco: I agree with grandmab. Brown was obviously a thug. And I can't blame Officer Wilson for doing what he did to protect himself.

If Wilson didn't defend himself and shoot Brown then he probably would be dead instead of Brown.

vic270
by Vic on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:31 PM
7 moms liked this

If true then I think the officer was justified by his actions.

Quoting grandmab125:

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:33 PM
4 moms liked this

As more of the facts, evidence and eyewitness testimonies come out, the more it confirms that Wilson was telling the truth about what happened.

Abaco
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I don't know if he has a family or not. I do know he's a married man. It looks like Wilson gave some warning shots or because he couldn't see well enough to knock him down the first time.
I've read there is some help for him on FB...GoFundMe ? I saw it on MC group.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Abaco: I agree with grandmab. Brown was obviously a thug. And I can't blame Officer Wilson for doing what he did to protect himself.

If Wilson didn't defend himself and shoot Brown then he probably would be dead instead of Brown.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abaco
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
in case nobody knew these options exist and wants to help...There is a support Facebook page, a funding site to donate to the officer (legal fees), rallies being held and you can buy t shirts to show support and donate.

More than 100 people rallied in support of Officer Darren Wilson Sunday evening in downtown St. Louis outside of the KSDK NewsChannel 5 studios.

The rally was organized by the Support Darren Wilson Facebook page, which was created on Saturday. In just over 24 hours the page grew to more than 14,000 likes.

Those at the rally signed posters in support of Wilson. Some held signs urging for peace, "Support our police! Pray for peace."

Some of the protesters complained about a NewsChannel 5 decision on Friday to a air a picture of Wilson's home.

During the rally a post on the Facebook page announced a GoFundMe page for the Wilson family.

The GoFundMe page description says, "This page has been created to support Officer Darren Wilson of the Ferguson Police Department. We stand behind Officer Darren Wilson and his family during this trying time in their lives. All proceeds will be sent directly to Darren Wilson and his family for any financial needs they may have including legal fees.

During the rally a small group of people gathered across the street to protest the rally.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/17/rally-in-support-of-ferguson-officer-darren-wilson/14209071/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Photos?
-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why I strongly support cameras on officers.
Who is to say this didnt happen during the officer shooting Brown.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)