Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

These misguided moms don't understand destruction of property

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM
  • 60 Replies
3 moms liked this

This week the Misguided Moms pointed their crosshairs at Kroger in an attempt to get them to “ban” the carrying of firearms in their stores like Starbucks, Chipotle, and Target.

Kroger Spokesman Keith Dailey responded to the Moms request with the following statement:

“Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don’t want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun,” Dailey said. “We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.”

Business. As. Usual.

A bunch of Moms then responded on social media with all sorts of responses, with one in particular jumping out at me:

When this is done on purpose, its called destruction of property. (Here’s the NC definition, its pretty straight forward.)
So yeah, the anti-gun folks are now proposing that crimes be committed against retailers for allowing customers to decide whether or not they want to carry in their stores.

It's funny, whenever a retailer or restaurant decides to post “No Guns” signage, I have never once seen folks on the pro-gun side propose violence, property damage, or anything of the sort towards those businesses. Maybe a phone call or a letter to explaining why they won’t be back, but that’s it.

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abaco
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM
5 moms liked this

This.....being on the pro-gun side, we've never threatened bodily harm, destruction of property, etc.  We make a phone call, write a letter and speak to the store manager.  Done........

It's funny, whenever a retailer or restaurant decides to post “No Guns” signage, I have never once seen folks on the pro-gun side propose violence, property damage, or anything of the sort towards those businesses. Maybe a phone call or a letter to explaining why they won’t be back, but that’s it

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM
7 moms liked this

I walk into some of those stores quite regularly and they never have a clue that I am armed.

bleh....

littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Did they actually fill a cart, etc. or was it just one suggestion ?
I hate the idea that someone needs to wear a gun to Go SHOPPING !!!!!
WTF ?
Paranoid much ?
Yeah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow, I bet you think you're so cool.
RME.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I walk into some of those stores quite regularly and they never have a clue that I am armed.

bleh....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM
3 moms liked this

No I don't think I'm so cool. Are you bothered by my statement? Their signage simply doesn't make a difference to me.

Quoting littlemum41: Oh wow, I bet you think you're so cool. RME.
Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

bleh....

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I really feel concerned for anyone who feels the need to wear a weapon.
It's not a good sign.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

No I don't think I'm so cool. Are you bothered by my statement? Their signage simply doesn't make a difference to me.

Quoting littlemum41: Oh wow, I bet you think you're so cool.
RME.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

bleh....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:19 PM
6 moms liked this

No, actually, it's called exercising your Constitutional rights under the law.

I think you just like to demonize people you hate for committing the Unpardonable Sin of holding opinions different from yours.

Quoting littlemum41: Did they actually fill a cart, etc. or was it just one suggestion ? I hate the idea that someone needs to wear a gun to Go SHOPPING !!!!! WTF ? Paranoid much ? Yeah.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Who said anything like that? Where do you get 'need' out of my statement and please show me where need is a requirement in the second amendment. Thank you. 

Quoting littlemum41: I really feel concerned for anyone who feels the need to wear a weapon. It's not a good sign.
Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting littlemum41: Oh wow, I bet you think you're so cool. RME.
Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

bleh....

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Although, it seems that CM is like a magnet that attracts unhappy, snarky people who want to put people down to make themselves feel superior.
Obviously, that's what you're here for.

Example #1..., you prove me right again.

And all the other snarky comments you've made in this thread.

Quoting littlemum41: Oh wow, I bet you think you're so cool.
RME.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

bleh....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting littlemum41: Did they actually fill a cart, etc. or was it just one suggestion ? I hate the idea that someone needs to wear a gun to Go SHOPPING !!!!! WTF ? Paranoid much ? Yeah.

If any of those stores were in the center of some of the shittiest neighborhoods in the country, I wouldn't call concealed carry paranoia.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN