Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Liberal social workers turned a blind eye to sexual exploitation for fear of being racists

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM
  • 57 Replies
Revealed: How fear of being seen as racist stopped social workers saving up to 1,400 children from sexual exploitation at the hands of Muslim men.

The sexual abuse of about 1,400 children at the hands of Muslim men went unreported for 16 years because staff feared they would be seen as racist, a report said today.
Children as young as 11 were trafficked, beaten, and raped by large numbers of men between 1997 and 2013 in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, the council commissioned review into child protection revealed. And shockingly, more than a third of the cases were already know to agencies.
But according to the report's author: 'several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist'.

Professor Alexis Jay, who wrote the report, condemned the 'blatant' collective failures by the council's leadership, concluding: 'It is hard to describe the appalling nature of the abuse that child victims suffered.'
The landmark report which exposed widespread failures of the council, police and social services revealed:
Victims were doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, terrorised with guns, made to witness brutally-violent rapes and told they would be the next if they spoke out;
They were raped by multiple perpetrators, trafficked to other towns and cities in the north of England, abducted, beaten and intimidated;
One victim described gang rape as 'a way of life';
Police 'regarded many child victims with contempt';
Some fathers tried to rescue their children from abuse but were arrested themselves;

The approximate figure of 1,400 abuse victims is likely to be a conservative estimate of the true scale of abuse. The lack of reports was partly down to a fear of being racist, Prof Jay wrote, as the majority of the perpetrators were described as 'Middle Eastern men', and many were said to be of Pakistani origin. One young person told the inquiry that 'gang rape' was a usual part of growing up in the area of Rotherham where she lived.
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like people over here with the catholic priests.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Race has this country paralyzed -

we let 15% of the country run us -

we gotta solve this problem..

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM
3 moms liked this

A source would be nice

FromAtoZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Are you Catholic, OP?

FromAtoZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Where do you find all of the stories you post?

Source it or move along.

prolife4jesus
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM
No I most certainly am not.
Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are you Catholic, OP?

FromAtoZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Quoting prolife4jesus: No I most certainly am not.
Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are you Catholic, OP?

So what, exactly, are you?

prolife4jesus
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 4:08 PM
I am a Christian and I am born again! Hallelujah! I pray every single day that people like you and the Muslims find Jesus and are born again in his atoning blood.
Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are you Catholic, OP?

FromAtoZ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting prolife4jesus: I am a Christian and I am born again! Hallelujah! I pray every single day that people like you and the Muslims find Jesus and are born again in his atoning blood.
Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are you Catholic, OP?

People like me?  Please, do explain.

I'll wait.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 26, 2014 at 4:24 PM
3 moms liked this

prolife4jesus

by ***************

on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I think you are the one that needs to read a book. I have a bible right here young lady that you need to read! I will pray for your little satanist soul. I can't believe some of the things you say. Stealing communal wafers. For shame young lady, shame on you.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/read/20208221/Americans_Brace?last#last

Don't feed the troll.
Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting prolife4jesus: I am a Christian and I am born again! Hallelujah! I pray every single day that people like you and the Muslims find Jesus and are born again in his atoning blood.
Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are you Catholic, OP?

People like me?  Please, do explain.

I'll wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN