Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Where do you live?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this

I live in south Florida and love it, the best part is that I live 2 blocks from the beach in a nice peaceful, quiet and crime free neighborhood. Here's some pictures of where I live, feel free to post pictures if you want to.

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:55 AM

East Texas.

D-Town
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:39 AM

The shitty of Detroilet. LOL 

Sister_Someone
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Los Angeles. I love it on so many levels. I'm too lazy to look up pictures, but I'm sure everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows what LA looks like.

Ms.KitKat
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:38 AM

The many faces of Jersey. But , this is where I live. The sunflowers have been culled already. I would drive past thsoe each day; they were beautiful!  Jersey: A combo of suburbs and country. And lots of cars.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I like to say I live an hour from NYC and Philadelphia. I live an hour and a half from mountains. I live forty minutes from gorgeous beaches. Rich historical sites are everywhere. We have great city life as well as beautiful country spaces, farms and markets. Two NFL teams play here, and the Meadowlands complex has everything from major concerts to horse racing. Our schools are tops and we have great colleges.

The lots of cars is because there's so much here. We are truly lucky to live in NJ.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

The many faces of Jersey. But , this is where I live. The sunflowers have been culled already. I would drive past thsoe each day; they were beautiful!  Jersey: A combo of suburbs and country. And lots of cars.

Ms.KitKat
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

So true! The pics I shared are from my town specifically which I think some people are taken aback. I don;t think alot of people think of Jersey and picture horses and sunflowers. I did not grow up in this area and when we moved I was afraid of all the grass! I grew up with concrete lol and parks provided "nature." I insisted that at least 1 side of the street has a sidewalk in our new home.

I feel very blessed to live in New Jersey. It really is the best of everything; city, country, lakes and ocean, arts and pro-sports. 

Quoting romalove: I like to say I live an hour from NYC and Philadelphia. I live an hour and a half from mountains. I live forty minutes from gorgeous beaches. Rich historical sites are everywhere. We have great city life as well as beautiful country spaces, farms and markets. Two NFL teams play here, and the Meadowlands complex has everything from major concerts to horse racing. Our schools are tops and we have great colleges. The lots of cars is because there's so much here. We are truly lucky to live in NJ.
Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Ms.KitKat
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

This is where I grew up ( the houses near the highway -lower right corner- was a neighborhood very similar to the one I lived in with my family as a child, teen and young adult)

Quoting romalove: I like to say I live an hour from NYC and Philadelphia. I live an hour and a half from mountains. I live forty minutes from gorgeous beaches. Rich historical sites are everywhere. We have great city life as well as beautiful country spaces, farms and markets. Two NFL teams play here, and the Meadowlands complex has everything from major concerts to horse racing. Our schools are tops and we have great colleges. The lots of cars is because there's so much here. We are truly lucky to live in NJ.
Quoting Ms.KitKat:

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Minnesnowtah!
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Outside my "front door" on weekends. The Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. We live on a dead-end dirt lane surrounded by cows and trees. Weekends we spend on our boat. If the need for a concert or museum or political rally arises, it's a short 85 mile drive into DC. If history is on our minds, we can walk out of our house onto the C&O Canal or take an evening stroll through Civil War Battlefields. If a cruise or the travel bug gets me, we depart out of Baltimore and that's only an hour away. I was raised on a dairy / hog farm in NH but have lived in MD for 18 years. I love the history in our area but truly miss New England.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:23 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Okinawa, Japan. The first pic is the view from our master bedroom balcony last week. The rest are a few that I've collected over the last 3 years of typical Okinawa stuff... I could have put so much more as there's a lot more to it than just this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN