Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Georgia Legalizes Handgun Vending Machines

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this

Public schools around the nation will replace hot dogs with "carrot dogs" this fall as the result of Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign.

At a national Parent-Teacher Associations conference the First Lady unveiled the new healthy item, which represents the future of American school lunch menus.

“It will comprise a full-sized carrot placed in a whole grain pita bread, loaded with pickles, onions, and thinly sliced celery,” she explained to the audience. “To really make it special, the whole thing is topped off with hummus.

“It will be super healthy with the right amount of calories and nutrition for a growing child. It’s time out kids start eating right. For a bright future we need a bright meal and the carrot-dog is the answer.”

Chefs from around the world met to discuss the optimum school lunch. “We reconstructed the Chicago-style hot dog to meet the needs of today's children.” said Chef Mario Batali, who helped design the new dog. “This will revolutionize school lunch for the better.”

To round out the meal it will also include beet nuggets, date fingers, currant fries, and drink with one part water, two parts tomato juice. For dessert each child will be served three green M&Ms.

“The kids are going to love it,” said Obama. “No more pizza, hamburgers or fries, which, in my experience, children tend to find too flavorful.”

Hold the onions

Michelle Obama has made ending childhood obesity the signature issue of her time as First Lady. In 2010 she introduced the Let's Move! campaign, which seeks to encourage physical exercise and healthier meals in schools.

Obama's efforts have attracted criticism, however, from conservatives who see the program as an intrusion on personal liberty which gives the right to be fat.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie spoke about the "carrot-dog" at a press conference this morning when a reporter from The New York Timespressed the issue.

“How can they even think about making New Jersey kids eat a carrot for a meal? Carrots are for rabbits. Rabbits are the food.

“They are promoting veganism, which is highly un-American and borders on the line of treason. You know hummus is from the Middle East, right?”

Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann also spoke to a local television station about the controversy, saying, “I’m with Chris. Trust me, that guy knows his food. If he says carrots are bad for our children, I believe him.

“Think about it: carrots are pointy. What if they poke their eyes out or God forbid stab someone? A bully with a carrot is going to cause trouble. Besides, processed food is cheaper and therefore better for the taxpayer.”

To prove a point, Bachmann then opened a large bag of Doritos, dumped a jar of cheese dip in it, shook it to mix the contents, and began chomping down.

“I grew up on chips, fried food, soda, and besides my chronic constipation, I turned out just fine.”

by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Do you have something against including links to your wild posts?

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Sigh... I hope you don't think anyone will buy this as "news or politics"

You should really give credit to the people that write it.  Otherwise, well you know.. makes you a bit of a hack. =)

The daily currant   

Your particular article doesn't even go with the title.  HERE is the link to your main body post. 

(do you need a new siggy?)

adorkablemommie
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Your profile pic is so cute! Oh I love it! It's a little hot dog. 

Quoting Jambo4:

Sigh... I hope you don't think anyone will buy this as "news or politics"

You should really give credit to the people that write it.  Otherwise, well you know.. makes you a bit of a hack. =)

The daily currant   

Your particular article doesn't even go with the title.  HERE is the link to your main body post. 

(do you need a new siggy?)

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't tell you all how much I hate it when something is not properly sourced.
adorkablemommie
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Quoting Billiejeens: I can't tell you all how much I hate it when something is not properly sourced.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Let me guess... from the onion?
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

OP, you know the title doesn't even match the article.  

FromAtoZ
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Sense of humor needed for this?

Or is the OP on drugs?

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Sense of humor needed for this?

Or is the OP on drugs?

Yes, yes?

Honestly.. I love a good satire and humor in just about any form.  I admire cleverness even if it it rubs against what I personally believe...Not finding it here.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Is this supposed to be humorous?  OP, you failed big time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN