• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An Ignorant Vote Is Not Patriotic

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 2 Replies
4 moms liked this

For those of you who are voting today, please don't vote in races you have not researched. A knowledgeable vote in a few races is better than an ignorant vote in a lot of races. If you're voting for local positions today...comptroller, agricultural commissioner, ect., ect., you might want to consider that some of these positions carry no ability to affect some of the issues you may care about, whether poverty, abortion, Obamacare, ect.. These "small" state and local offices affect our lives too...and straight party voting, whether republican or democrat, can allow incompetent or even corrupt politicians to gain these positions based on votes by people who knew nothing about the candidates except for their political affiliation. Please don't vote in any race in which you have not at least taken the time to find SOMETHING about the candidates other than just their party affiliation. Don't take a wild guess for your country. We all understand that not everyone has time to research every position--abstaining from an ignorant vote can be patriotic too (there's a few I'm abstaining on for that very reason). Thanks!

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100%.  I never vote straight party.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)