• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More dangerous than cigarettes’: Russians remove iPhone statue following Apple CEO Tim Cook’s gay revelation

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

More dangerous than cigarettes’: Russians remove iPhone statue following Apple CEO Tim Cook’s gay revelation  

'After Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly called for sodomy, the monument was dismantled pursuant to Russian federal law on the protection of children from information that promotes the denial of traditional family values,' stated the company.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 9:42 AM
Updated: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 10:40 AM
The statue was removed a year after Russian President Vladimir Putin enacted a law that 'bans the propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations to minors' before the country was set to host the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.ALEXANDER DEMIANCHUK/REUTERSThe statue was removed a year after Russian President Vladimir Putin enacted a law that 'bans the propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations to minors' before the country was set to host the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.

The Cold War is sure to resurface after a Russian holding company removed a giant iPhone statue outside St. Petersburg University on Saturday because it’s “public propaganda for sodomy.”

The bold move came just days after Apple CEO Tim Cook announced he is gay.

ZEFS, which translates to Western European Financial Union, explained their decision for removing the statue. The head of the company, Maxim Dolgopolov, said “It’s clear that iPhones are more dangerous than cigarettes or drugs,” according to Buzzfeed.

He went on to say that when Apple “becomes a symbol of sodomistic sin, reasonable people in the world will start rejecting Apple products en masse.”

“Russian legislation prohibits propaganda of homosexuality and other sexual perversions among minors,” a company statement obtained by the Washington Post said. “After Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly called for sodomy, the monument was dismantled pursuant to Russian federal law on the protection of children from information that promotes the denial of traditional family values.”

In 2013, a year before the country hosted the Winter Olympics in Sochi, President Vladimir Putin signed a law that bans “the propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations to minors” just months before the statue was unveiled.

The Communists of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region reportedly said that the statue looks too phallic. The New York Daily News reached out to ZEFS for comment but have not received a response yet — presumably from their non-iPhone devices.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ednarooni160
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

They have a law in Russia protecting children..and here we are watching commericals of little girls saying the F word.. weird.

the monument was dismantled pursuant to Russian federal law on the protection of children from information that promotes the denial of traditional family values.”

FromAtoZ
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I can't grasp being of the mindset as backwards as these people are.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

It is weird.  What happened to teaching children manners, respect, and clean words?  

That was a bold step taken to reiterate their stance on traditional family values. 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

They have a law in Russia protecting children..and here we are watching commericals of little girls saying the F word.. weird.

the monument was dismantled pursuant to Russian federal law on the protection of children from information that promotes the denial of traditional family values.”

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

We have a family visiting from Russia that our Temple is hosting. When I listen to the mom speak, Russia is no country I have any desire to live in being a woman.

FromAtoZ
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

We have a family visiting from Russia that our Temple is hosting. When I listen to the mom speak, Russia is no country I have any desire to live in being a woman.

My daughter has a good friend, they are Russian.  Her mother is a very sweet woman. 

I agree, I cannot imagine being a woman in that country.

Then again, we are not gay so we may have a chance. *sigh*

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

She talked a lot about how women are valued, actually valued so little. Apparently DV against women is rarely prosecuted, abortion is very high because health care for women is so undervalued and prostitution is very common for even married women. So if this is a country to be emulated because they stand for "traditional family values" I don't think I want to be a part of their interpretation of family values. Her neighbor was dragged out by her hair and beaten on the front step but was not prosecuted because her husband has a high stress job....

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

My daughter has a good friend, they are Russian.  Her mother is a very sweet woman. 

FromAtoZ
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

She talked a lot about how women are valued, actually valued so little. Apparently DV against women is rarely prosecuted, abortion is very high because health care for women is so undervalued and prostitution is very common for even married women. So if this is a country to be emulated because they stand for "traditional family values" I don't think I want to be a part of their interpretation of family values. Her neighbor was dragged out by her hair and beaten on the front step but was not prosecuted because her husband has a high stress job....

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Yet there are those here who applaud them for standing up for what is right.

Makes my heart hurt as well as my stomach.

Some people truly are blind.

SuckIt69
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM
That's stupid.
lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Maybe people don't know, I'm not sure. Listening to her speak really brought things up for me I was unaware being here in America. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Yet there are those here who applaud them for standing up for what is right.

Makes my heart hurt as well as my stomach.

Some people truly are blind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)