Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WAHOO. Republican Wave.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM
  • 89 Replies
8 moms liked this

Republicans win control of the senate, having taken 7 of the six seats needed.  By the time all votes are counted, some races are still to close to call, we could take 10 seats.

happy dance

U.S. Senate

• Seats in Play36
  • Republicans52
  • Democrats45
  • Other 0 
455297%seats determined

U.S. House

• Seats in Play435
  • Republicans218
  • Democrats132
  • Other 0 
13221881%seats determined
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
5 moms liked this

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29again
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:16 AM
3 moms liked this

so excited to share this book with you all!

happy dance               wipe brow

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:32 AM
3 moms liked this

So what will this mean?

Will the economy get back on track?

Will government spending go down?

Will the US be safer, will terrorism end, ISIS be no more, Russia, China, N. Korea, the entire ME, all of Africa, S. America....everything worldwide be hunky dory because Republicans have all the answers?

Will healthcare, education, our economy, our military all become stellar, equally accessible to all Americans, without waste and fraud?

What do you anticipate improving for all Americans because Republicans have gained control?

29again
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting idunno1234:

So what will this mean?

Will the US be safer, will terrorism end, ISIS be no more, Russia, China, N. Korea, the entire ME, all of Africa, S. America....everything worldwide be hunky dory because Republicans have all the answers?

Will healthcare, education, our economy, our military all become stellar, equally accessible to all Americans, without waste and fraud?

What do you anticipate improving for all Americans because Republicans have gained control?

I can't answer those questions.  But what I CAN tell you is this:  Bills will be passed by the House, then go to the Senate, where they will be voted on, and then they will find themselves on the desk of the president.  That has rarely happened in the last 6 years.  And the result of that is that the president will have to sign, or veto.  And I believe that some people will have their eyes opened to what that man really & truly wants for this country.

Schauseil
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Lol, it's like a freaking football game.
idunno1234
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:46 AM

What is it that you think Obama truly wants for this country? 

Quoting 29again:

Quoting idunno1234:

So what will this mean?

I can't answer those questions.  But what I CAN tell you is this:  Bills will be passed by the House, then go to the Senate, where they will be voted on, and then they will find themselves on the desk of the president.  That has rarely happened in the last 6 years.  And the result of that is that the president will have to sign, or veto.  And I believe that some people will have their eyes opened to what that man really & truly wants for this country.

29again
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting idunno1234:

What is it that you think Obama truly wants for this country? 

Quoting 29again:

Quoting idunno1234:

So what will this mean?

Do you really not see what he is doing to this country????

surprised

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:51 AM
3 moms liked this

bouncing

I am so excited that Larry Hogan won the Maryland Governor's race!  I think the DNC long ago knew that the GOP would sweep many races.... I've been getting emails from them with this great graphic:

I am hopeful that Gov. Hogan will bring fiscal responsibility back to Annapolis. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:14 AM
3 moms liked this

grandmab125
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Republicans also made a killing in Governor races.  Took dem Mass, IL, MD...kept FL, KS, WI, NV, and MI.

margarita time         

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)