Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

War On Christmas! Are You Being Persecuted?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 23 Replies
3 moms liked this

NOVEMBER 24, 2014 10:59 AM

People think last week’s unseasonable cold front was a polar vortex but it wasn’t. The truth is that the weather was a result of Bill O’Reilly pulling out THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS from its cold storage underneath Sean Hannity’s enormous chin..

Yup! It’s that time of the year again where conservative Christians are supposed to be celebrating the birth of Jesus but instead b**** and moan for 6 weeks straight that they’re under assault by the evil secularists and multiculturalists that want to destroy Christmas for everyone.

And how do they accomplish this evil task? By not making the Winter Solstice, a time of celebration for a great many religions, only about Christianity. Because in the mind of a conservative, sharing is the worst kind of oppression!

To clear up all this confusion about whether or not someone saying “Happy Holidays” is a direct assault on the religious freedoms of conservative “Christians”, Christian (so she claims!) blogger, Rachel Held Evans created the following flowchart:

persecution-download

I’m thinking we should tattoo this to Billo the Clown’s forehead. Then maybe he would shut the h*** up and let the rest of enjoy the holiday season the way WE want to.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM
5 moms liked this

Let's see - I can openly display my religous beliefs about Christmas.  I can go to church with a whole bunch of other people and openly express our beliefs about the birth of Jesus.  I can do for other's in the name of Jesus to celebrate his birth.  Yeah, I think I'm good - no war on Christmas for me.

Of course, I'm not terribly concerned with how the Walmart greeter chooses to greet me - i.e., happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy  Hannukah, Happy Festivus, etc.  Don't care.  Because it has nothing to do with a celebration of the birth of Christ.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Ms.KitKat
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm feelin' pretty good. I drove into work this morning and enjoyed listening to Christmas songs playing on the radio. Granted it's 70 degrees today and doesn;t feel much like Christmas in the northeast today.

hey- wait a sec- now I DO feel persecuted!Dam* that Heat Mieser

550 × 425 - atlmalcontent.wordpress.com

Ms.KitKat
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM

gee-whiz-that doesn't sound very American-who thought up that list!?

Quoting PamR:

Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Nice flow chart, pretty accurate.

I have never understood people who get all bent over someone wishing them Happy Holidays. It's so petty and arrogant how some Xians insist that their holiday should be the only one acknowledged. I also don't see how restricting holiday displays ON GOVT PROPERTY is persecution because I have never read or heard of the scriptures in the Bible that state Xians must have holiday displays on govt property. It's not like they aren't allowed to have nativity displays on their private, church or business properties.

Personally, I take all well wishes in the spirit they are given and return them as such. I have seen more.Xians have a fit over being wished Happy Holidays than any other group taking offense over being wished Merrry Xmas. Especially if take the A FA and their list of retailers to pander to Xians and kiss their ass enough to be labeled nice. Petty and materialistic. And just pathetic.
Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2014 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Well folks, Thanksgiving is almost over it's going to be Black Friday in a few hours so time to suit up and get ready for the war on Christmas.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Merry Xmas

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2014 at 2:55 AM
2 moms liked this

csxt99
by on Nov. 28, 2014 at 3:11 AM
4 moms liked this

thebride
by on Nov. 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this

adorkablemommie
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I agree that there is a war on Christmas in this country but not the war Christians think. Christmas used to be about giving and being with family. Now it seems it's about forcing Hindu shop owners to say Merry Christmas to Jewish customers who are forced to participate in Christmas parties planned by atheist so that corporations can make more money selling Christmas crap. 

How about we spend a Christmas learning what the celebration is really about and vow not to buy each other expensive gifts so that we can embrace the true meaning? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)