Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Republicans Finally Admit That The Benghazi ‘Scandal’ Is BS

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

NOVEMBER 24, 2014 10:13 AM

I have to admit, I'm going to sort of miss hearing about Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi. For so long, the four tragic deaths at the Benghazi consulate have been been a rallying cry for conservatives that would like to believe that the mistakes made during the build up to the attacks are somehow much, much worse than the mistakes made before 9/11.

On Saturday, though, the findings were released after two years of House investigations and the result is that there is no scandal there.

In the report, which "reviewed thousands of pages of intelligence assessments, cables, notes and emails; held 20 Committee events and hearings; and conducted detailed interviews with senior intelligence officials and eyewitnesses to the attacks, including eight security personnel on the ground in Benghazi that night," they concluded that the administration did nothing wrong. In fact, the findings were that the CIA's actions saved lives that night.

The committee found that:

• U.S. personnel made reasonable tactical decisions and there was no evidence of a stand down order or a denial of air support.
  • There was no intelligence failure, unlike before the 9/11 attacks (yes, the report did say that).
  • Several terrorist groups, including Al Qaida, participated in the attack.
  • There was, as the administration has maintained, conflicting information following the attacks, which is the reason that stories changed.
  • Ambassador Susan Rice's talking points contained errors and they were created from flawed intelligence at the time. There was nothing conspiratorial about the talking points.
  • Finally, according to the report, no one was intimidated, wrongly forced to sign a nondisclosure agreement or kept from speaking to Congress. There was also zero evidence that the CIA conducted unauthorized activities in Benghazi or that the IC shipped arms to Syria.

Now for a moment of nostalgia - Dick Cheney and Sean Hannity on "one of the worst incidents" Cheney can recall. Here's the video:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2379461514001

Don't look for the conspiracy theories to die, though. Lindsey Graham took to the talk shows this weekend to call the report, "crap."

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM

The election is over - no use for it at the moment.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this

No, PJ, they admitted the Benghazi REPORT is BS.

Come on now.

I would think that Democrats like you would be upset and want accountability for the death of Democrat ambassador Chris Stevens.

Obama shields nearly everyone in his administration who makes huge mistakes. Except for Chuck Hagel - who is his scapegoat.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Come on now.

I would think that Democrats like you would be upset and want accountability for the death of Democrat ambassador Chris Stevens.

Obama shields nearly everyone in his administration who makes huge mistakes. Except for Chuck Hagel.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course they think that.  It flies in the face of a narrative they've spent years creating and who knows how much money defending.

A false narrative.  Steven's death was a tragic crime that possibly could have been avoided had there been more security at the outpost.

I'm more outraged at the GOP using his death for political purposes.  

Quoting SallyMJ:

Come on now.

Obama shields nearly everyone in his administration who makes huge mistakes. Except for Chuck Hagel.

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)