Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insane California Road Rage Incident Captured on Camera

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 14 Replies

It was like a scene from a movie: A pickup truck slams into a car, seemingly trying to run it off the roadway. But only this wasn’t a movie; it was real life for two women who say they were the victims of a terrifying road rage incident north of Sacramento.

And the whole thing was captured on camera.

The incident happened Dec. 20, when Delanie Strykul and her friend Vanessa were on I-80 about 60 miles north of Sacramento, according to the video posted by Strykul.

“We have a vehicle that’s been following us, telling us that she’s a cop and keeps trying to tell us to pull over... and she’s swerving us off the road, she keeps trying to hit us off the road,” Strykul explains to the 911 dispatcher while the incident is unfolding, and her camera is rolling.

Then, just seconds later, there’s an audible slam.

“She just hit our car, she just hit our car! She’s pushing us off the road, yes, she’s pushing us off the road,” Strykul says in the video. “She’s coming for us!”

The video continues as the two women try to get away from the pickup’s driver, who has been identified as 50-year-old Deirdre Orozco of Santa Clara, according to Fox News. They eventually got off the freeway to meet with a waiting California Highway Patrol officer.

Fox News reports that Orozco was ultimately arrested and charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of false imprisonment, unlawful use of a badge, reckless driving and resisting arrest.

The video can be seen below, but please be advised that there are several uses of graphic language.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM

That's pretty close to Reno isn't it? two lane freeway roads- cliffs I thought?

Dangerous. I always back off on the freeway, we live int eh San Francisco Bay Area, I never, ever tick people off on the road, and I taught my kids the same- assertive driving, yes, aggressive, no- you never, ever know who will shoot a gun at you- especially I 80 towards San Francisco- you've got Oakland and San Pablo, Richmond right there, very high crime.

Get where you need to go, and keep to yourself, just like in a busy mall or crowd of people- quite honestly, same rule at Disneyland on a crowded day- people aren't much better IMO. Maybe they won't pull a gun, but they'll gladly run over your feet with that stroller- I guess I generally don't have a high opinion of people.

I was followed once by someone on the freeway, didn't know why- I drove right to the police station, and called the police as I was driving. They pulled him over. I wasn't about to drive straight home or where I had intended on going...

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:49 PM

How scary.  I had a guy cut me off and then follow me off of the freeway and through 3 miles of side street turns.  I was so scared. 

AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Look at the charges. It was an off duty cop who thought she had the right to make an arrest out of uniform. Nope. Out of uniform you're just another pissed citizen who gets to call 911 about the crazy driver.
broboxer
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Quoting AdrianneHill: Look at the charges. It was an off duty cop who thought she had the right to make an arrest out of uniform. Nope. Out of uniform you're just another pissed citizen who gets to call 911 about the crazy driver.

She CLAIMED to be a sheriff

AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
She's a cop because she didn't get charged with impersonating an officer, but with misusing a badge.

Quoting broboxer:

Quoting AdrianneHill: Look at the charges. It was an off duty cop who thought she had the right to make an arrest out of uniform. Nope. Out of uniform you're just another pissed citizen who gets to call 911 about the crazy driver.

broboxer
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Quoting AdrianneHill: She's a cop because she didn't get charged with impersonating an officer, but with misusing a badge.
Quoting broboxer:

Sorry, missed that part.  She should be fired immediately

AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Makes you wonder what she does, huh? Wonder if she's in dispatch or in the street or whatever.

Quoting broboxer:

Quoting AdrianneHill: She's a cop because she didn't get charged with impersonating an officer, but with misusing a badge.

Quoting broboxer:

bec94
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Scary! I witnessed a truck throwing bottles at another truck in Vegas. People are crazy!
broboxer
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Sure does, it sounded to me that it wasn't a badge, but more of an ID. In any case, she should be fired.

Quoting AdrianneHill: Makes you wonder what she does, huh? Wonder if she's in dispatch or in the street or whatever.

Quoting broboxer:

Quoting broboxer:

la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Wow, that's very scary!

I had a scary incident a few months ago where I forgot to turn off my high beams so the car spun around on the road and kept following me pulling up really close to me where I thought they were going to hit me. So I can't even imagine this, scary stuff.

That lady is crazy....I'm glad she was arrested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)