Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

America’s spoiled and entitled teenagers ruined Christmas on Twitter this year

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

Because it’s torture to have to show appreciation. Because you have to “pretend to like” everything you get. Because your parents get each other better presents than the ones they get for you. Because you have to leave the house to spend time with people who love you. Because since THEY chose to have you, appreciating what they give you all the time is uncalled for. Because they shouldn’t f-cking test you. Because you didn’t get a Paul’s Boutique jacket. Because you are not “poor cavemen,” so you deserve better.

What good is Christmas if you didn’t get exactly what you wanted? What’s the point of family if they don’t know what gifts to bestow upon you? Why are parents so despicably inconsiderate that they shower you with crap you don’t even want? Christmas is officially ruined according to these bereaved and oppressed youths.

Screen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.21.53 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.22.28 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.23.13 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.24.18 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.24.45 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.25.09 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.25.37 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.26.08 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.26.45 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.27.19 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.28.06 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.28.52 AMh/t: Gawker

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shuturpiehole
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Wow....so sad and pathetic. My mouth dropped to the floor.
AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol. Teens have always, and will always and forever, suck.
I remember bursting into tears at eight when my brother opened a gift from out aunt and got two video games and money. I opened my gift and had a monogrammed pink sweater and a real silver compact mirror. Yes that was very nice but I was eight. I didn't want a sweater, I wanted a toy. I took my ass beating but that's a lesson I took to heart.
Don't assume little girls want what you want.
stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:53 AM
4 moms liked this
I was thinking some of these teens sound like they have legitimate gripes (fighting family members, clothes that don't fit but you act grateful anyway, which is the opposite of entitlement). So this is more a "teens are negative!" Well, duh. I hate teenagers. If I met me now, as a teen, my adult self would hate me. Moody bitch.

Quoting AdrianneHill: Lol. Teens have always, and will always and forever, suck.
I remember bursting into tears at eight when my brother opened a gift from out aunt and got two video games and money. I opened my gift and had a monogrammed pink sweater and a real silver compact mirror. Yes that was very nice but I was eight. I didn't want a sweater, I wanted a toy. I took my ass beating but that's a lesson I took to heart.
stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Oh, but, yes, most of these posts are pretty hectic.
AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup yup. Where's that famous Hill sense of humor sweet cheeks? Family will continue eating you alive until you can take a joke.
I got a fake black sheep that you're supposed to put in your yard; I named it Orwell and put it on my bed

Quoting stringtheory: I was thinking some of these teens sound like they have legitimate gripes (fighting family members, clothes that don't fit but you act grateful anyway, which is the opposite of entitlement). So this is more a "teens are negative!" Well, duh. I hate teenagers. If I met me now, as a teen, my adult self would hate me. Moody bitch.

Quoting AdrianneHill: Lol. Teens have always, and will always and forever, suck.
AdrianneHill
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Good point. The way to stop this is too pot the phones out of reach until it's over. This is stuff people think of second to second and aren't really supposed to say aloud. Most people, even teens, don't say it out loud but online is different.

Quoting stringtheory: Oh, but, yes, most of these posts are pretty hectic.
tiffsgrandma
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I have learned not to expect much from family at xmas... I have awesome friends that get me amazing gifts. This year I got a box of xhocolates and my son got me a collectable of a young nathen Fillian from when he was in FIREFLY years ago. Yep, thats it.... Now I have 12 grandkids.. My oldest Grandaughter (who adores me) got me a flatiron for my hair.  Now, I live with DS and DIL, I take care of the kids, buy groceries, cook, etc and I got them some awesome gifts even on a fixed income. Did the kids thank me??? NOOOO Daughters kids did tho. But my freinds ROCK....... Thwy got me some great WOLF collectables. Hell, even my cat treated me better that day lol  So I ahve been on strike...... Damn, DIL has had to do dish's and clean.. Poor dear!!!I got her a Seattle Seahawks Laptop carrier and got nothing but a box of chocolates?? REALLY!!!!

Euphoric
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Teenagers and Twitter. Not surprised, lol.

la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Does anyone know what 5c's and wilding means? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)