Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sanders doesn't pay his fair share

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM
  • 26 Replies

He needs to pay much more in taxes. So he should stop taking loopholes and deductions.

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PamR
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:46 PM
3 moms liked this

He uses the same deductions that anyone can, and a portion of his income is social security, which is not all taxable.  He's not using loopholes, he's following the law.  Does anyone pay more than they have to?  I'd like to see Trump's taxes. 

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:29 PM
7 moms liked this

The interesting thing is that all of his income and his wive's income is Public Government money.

The guy has never had a private sector job.

He has no idea how the real world works, only how government works, or doesn't work.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Something is wrong when people who make over a million dollars pay the same tack rate as someone who makes $190K.   And someone who makes over 400K is paying less than someone who only makes $50K.  Why aren't people getting riled up about that?

ColleenF30
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Looks like he pays what he is supposed to for his income bracket. Why no info on trump?

talia-mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, he shouldn't take the deductions or loopholes. He earns 3 times the national average and I have learned on CM that people should not try to reduce their tax liabilty when you make so much more than the average person.

He is selfish for his deductions and needs to pay his fair share. He isn't doing that. In fact, he is taking from those who struggle in ways he doesn't.

cupcake7734
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd like to see Trumps tax statement. Seems like everyone has made theirs public but him.
KittyMom1026
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:11 PM

So, you were okay with Romney taking a $77,000.00 deduction for a horse?

Quoting talia-mom:

Nope, he shouldn't take the deductions or loopholes. He earns 3 times the national average and I have learned on CM that people should not try to reduce their tax liabilty when you make so much more than the average person.

He is selfish for his deductions and needs to pay his fair share. He isn't doing that. In fact, he is taking from those who struggle in ways he doesn't.

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I see Cruz made 1/20th of Hillary yet paid 1% higher. Interesting.

I think anyone who is "rich" and complains and bitches about the rich not paying enough taxes shouldn't take deductions to reduce their own tax bill.
Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:41 PM
Romneys goal was to raise everyone up
Sanders wants to bring everyone down

Big diff in how we judge them

Quoting KittyMom1026:

So, you were okay with Romney taking a $77,000.00 deduction for a horse?

Quoting talia-mom:

marchantmom06
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:44 PM
Someone can't add or subtract.
140k at 13.5% would be 18,900....

He pays 20%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)