Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wearing glasses is ‘a sign of brain damage’

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 2:24 PM
Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout 80's Video FUNNY COMPILATION Judi Sheppard Missett

Judi Sheppard Missett and her jazz moves in her 80s Shape Up with Jazzercise Exercise workout video. Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout FUNNY COMPILATION 80's ...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM
  • 77 Replies

Fox and Friends launches absurd attack on Hillary: Wearing glasses is ‘a sign of brain damage’

Fox and Friends (Photo: Screen capture)

According to Fox and Friends, wearing glasses is a sign of “brain damage and other things.”

Thursday morning, the show followed a play from Sean Hannity’s book on conspiracy theories and decided to address Hillary Clinton’s health. While the conspiracy theory has been denounced by journalists, Fox News seems to be making it the cornerstone in their campaign to support Donald Trump’s presidency.

Host Steve Doocy and Ainsley Earhardt cited Dr. Drew Pinsky, who reportedly said he was “gravely concerned” about Clinton’s health. The radio show has since been taken down and Pinsky has made no public statements about the comments on social media or in an official capacity.

“And what he said on the radio yesterday,” Doocy began. “Is that the fact that when we saw Hillary Clinton wearing those prism glasses, a sign of brain damage and other things, and he’s worried about the care she’s getting so far.”

Brian Kilmeade interjected his recollection of when she was wearing her glasses rather than contacts and seemed to think there was a correlation to Clinton’s glasses and Benghazi. “And if you want to — or remember, when she was wearing those glasses, remember when she made those famous line to Senator Ron Johnson, ‘What difference at this point does it make,’ that’s when she had those glasses on.”

Clinton wore prism glasses, which are used to treat double vision, for a short period after her concussion in December 2012.

Watch the absurdity below via Media Matters:

https://mediamatters.org/video/2016/08/18/fox-friends-pushes-conspiracy-hillary-clintons-glasses-are-sign-brain-damage-and-other-things/212495

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_danetta
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Oh Lord
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:57 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't think Steve Doocy should posit about anyone else having brain damage.

LGAll65
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Ahhhh That Funny Fox ...FAUX News !

LGAll65
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

This is going to be great for SNL!  Their Faux New skits are gold!

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Prism glasses?  AKA bifocals?  So everyone over the age of 40 who wears bifocals must be brain damaged.

fairymom82
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:51 PM
Guess my bifocals and serious glasses show my "brain damage". I'm 34 and very close to legally blind without them.
Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Prism glasses?  AKA bifocals?  So everyone over the age of 40 who wears bifocals must be brain damaged.

I've never heard of prism glasses before.  All the article says on them is: Clinton wore prism glasses, which are used to treat double vision, for a short period after her concussion in December 2012.

I was thinking by the misleading title that we were just talking about average glasses. 

Pema_Jampa
Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout 80's Video FUNNY COMPILATION Judi Sheppard Missett

Judi Sheppard Missett and her jazz moves in her 80s Shape Up with Jazzercise Exercise workout video. Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout FUNNY COMPILATION 80's ...

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM

That is why it's a good idea to read the entire thread and not just the title...

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I've never heard of prism glasses before.  All the article says on them is: Clinton wore prism glasses, which are used to treat double vision, for a short period after her concussion in December 2012.

I was thinking by the misleading title that we were just talking about average glasses. 

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:21 PM
6 moms liked this

Oh, I figured the odds were in my favor that you'd be trying to mislead everyone.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

That is why it's a good idea to read the entire thread and not just the title...

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Pema_Jampa

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM
4 moms liked this

Nope, I'm not Trump.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh, I figured the odds were in my favor that you'd be trying to mislead everyone.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)