Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ivanka Trump ordered jewelry from a retailer that doesn't like her dad and it seriously backfired

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ivanka Trump ordered jewelry from a retailer that doesn't like her dad and it seriously backfired

She ordered earrings, but she got shade, too.

Mandy Velez

Mandy Velez

Ivanka Trump wanted earrings, but she got major shade instead. 

On Wednesday August 17, Lady Grey Jewelry owners Jill Martinelli and Sabine Le Guyader shared a photo of a letter they wrote to a customer on Instagram. That customer just happened to be Ivanka Trump.

Trump ordered a pair of cuff earrings, and while they were glad to get her as a customer, Martinelli and Le Guyader decided to donate the money from her order to the American Immigration Council,gun safety group Everytown for Gun Safety, and (get ready for the burn) Hillary Clinton.

Damn.

The designers told The Cut that they don't align with her father's views, which she supports. So, they wrote her a letter informing her of their donations.

The note, which they really did include in her package before shipping last week, reads in full:

"Dear Ivanka, Thank you for your web order! We're happy to let you know that the proceeds of your sale have been generously donated to the American Immigration Council, the Everytown for Gun Safety Organization, and the Hillary Clinton campaign. We hope you enjoy your new Lady Grey #helixcuff. Best, Sabine and Jill."

While many applaud the move, others in the comments called it "unprofessional."

That doesn't seem to bother Lady Grey, though. 

"Our social and political views couldn't be further from those of the Trump campaign," Martinelli told The Cut. 

We doubt we'll see Ivanka wearing their bling anytime soon. 

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conweis
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM
5 moms liked this
That is stupid on their behalf. Msaybe they think more people will order their jewelry because of their stunt. I know I wouldn't.
LGAll65
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That's cool ! Good for them! 😄👍
Pema_Jampa
Today at 1:20 PM
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Lady Grey

Soaring to success since its start in 2009, Jill Martinelli and Sabine Le Guyader’s jewelry brand Lady Grey, has featured in ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar and W as well as awarded Gen Art’s 'Designer of the Year' in accessories.

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
vic270
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If Ivanka had worn her ear rings out in public, they would have sold a lot more. I bet Ivanka is laughing and I don't blame her, like she needed those cheap ear rings. LOL

DarksMama
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:15 PM
4 moms liked this

They can do what they like with the proceeds, but the letter is unprofessional.

SotilSol
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:15 PM

You think so? I don't really keep up on what the Trumps are wearing. I think this gets them a lot more publicity and a lot of support.

Quoting vic270:

If Ivanka had worn her ear rings out in public, they would have sold a lot more. I bet Ivanka is laughing and I don't blame her, like she needed those cheap ear rings. LOL

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this
What?

No one NEEDS any earrings. Ivanka ORDERED them because she liked them.

I personally think it's not nice to sell things to people and treat them badly for doing so, but maybe these jewelers got the Trump memo that there is no bad publicity, only increased name recognition, which is invaluable.

I guess not everything that sparkles is real gold when Ivanka wears jewelry, since she chose items you deem "cheap".

Quoting vic270:

Pema_Jampa
Today at 1:20 PM
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:17 PM

I agree with you here.

Quoting SotilSol:

You think so? I don't really keep up on what the Trumps are wearing. I think this gets them a lot more publicity and a lot of support.

Quoting vic270:

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)