• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Gamble?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

Trump’s Big Gamble

From CNN:

Donald Trump speaks at a news conference at Trump Tower where he addressed issues about the money he pledged to donate to veterans groups following a skipped a debate in January before the Iowa caucuses on May 31, 2016 in New York City.

(CNN) Donald Trump’s reshuffling of his staff this week portends a risky pivot: a bare-knuckled, outsider-focused effort where no tactic for taking down Hillary Clinton will be off limits.

His plummeting poll numbers suggest that he is cruising toward defeat in November unless he is able to drastically change course. But it is unclear how recent leadership changes will help Trump reverse his core problems: his murky message, his scattershot ground game, and his unwillingness to appeal to a broader group of voters. 

[For Full Story]

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pema_Jampa
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:59 PM

They said they are going to let Trump be Trump. He will lose.

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I think he got tired of fighting with the advisors he had, who were telling him to be more presidential and stop being so combative.  In his mind, he won because he was not presidential and was harsh and combative, so why mess with success?

He doesn't understand the difference between what happened in the primaries and what is necessary to win in the general election.

blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:16 PM

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Pema, I'm so ashamed of my party. If Trump wins seriously considering leaving, becoming independent. 

If Hillary wins I plan to stay and fight for decent candidates to represent the party.

Pema_Jampa
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear you! I will be right there with you.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Pema, I'm so ashamed of my party. If Trump wins seriously considering leaving, becoming independent. 

If Hillary wins I plan to stay and fight for decent candidates to represent the party.

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Only 9% of America Chose Trump and Clinton as the Nominees - The ...

Quoting romalove:

I think he got tired of fighting with the advisors he had, who were telling him to be more presidential and stop being so combative.  In his mind, he won because he was not presidential and was harsh and combative, so why mess with success?

He doesn't understand the difference between what happened in the primaries and what is necessary to win in the general election.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)