• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pew Poll: Clinton Leads Trump Nationally 41-37 Percent

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:04 PM
  • 1 Replies

Pew Poll: Clinton Leads Trump Nationally 41-37 Percent

Kbko45dsugmjavovwobi
AP Photo / John Locher

The poll of registered voters shows Clinton ahead, 41-37, with Libertarian Gary Johnson polling at 10 percent and Green Party candidate Jill Stein at 4 percent.

Clinton's current lead is smaller than her lead in Pew's June poll, where she outscored Trump by nine percent, 45-36, with Johnson polling at 11 percent.

The latest Pew poll shows Clinton receiving strong support from women and non-white voters, leading by 19 percent among women (49-30), 24 percent among Hispanic voters (50-26) and 83 percent among black voters (85-2). Both Johnson and Stein polled higher than Trump among black voters, both polling at 4 percent.

Trump's support remains in white and male voters, where he leads Clinton 45-33 in both subgroups.

Pew surveyed 1,576 registered voters nationally from Aug. 9-16, with a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percent.

TPM's PollTracker Average for the national election shows Clinton ahead of Trump, 42.8 to 37.9.

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
DisabledVet
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM

Polls don't really matter at this stage.  It's still months before the elections and polls at this stage have been wrong before.  Actually polls at any stage have been wrong (even just before the elections or using the exit polls).  Maybe the pollsters haven't figured out that some people just like screwing with them and they tell lies. 

I've been questions at the exit polls a few times and I've always told them it's none of their business who I voted for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)