• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump supporter whines about discrimination after bakery refuses to make ‘Trump 2016’ cake

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

WATCH: Trump supporter whines about discrimination after bakery refuses to make ‘Trump 2016’ cake

Trump supporter  McKenzie Gill, who was denied a

Does anyone in our society today face more discrimination than supporters of Donald Trump?

If you surveyed most Trump supporters, the likely answer would be “No.”

Louisiana news station KSLA reports that 17-year-old Trump supporter McKenzie Gill went to her local Albertsons grocery store this week hoping to get a birthday cake that had “Trump 2016” written on it. The cake was intended to celebrate both her 18th birthday and the fact that she’s going to be voting for Trump this fall.

However, the woman behind the counter told her that while she would make a cake with an American flag design, she wouldn’t write “Trump 2016” on it.

“The woman behind the cake counter just refused to make me a birthday cake because I wanted ‘Trump 2016’ on it,” Gill vented in a Facebook post after the incident went down. “Did that really just happen?”

She and her mother took her business elsewhere, and they issued a formal complaint to Albertsons. The grocery store apologized to the family and explained that its employee at the bakery believed that writing “Trump 2016” on the cake would violate the store’s policy of not using copyrighted phrases on its pastries.

“It’s your job, we’re not really going for your opinion on what you think of the candidates we were just wanting ‘Trump 2016’ on the cake,” Gill said of the woman who refused to make her cake.

VIDEO : http://www.ksla.com/clip/12712563/bakery-refuses-to-write-trump-2016-on-cake

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Trump supporters are not a protected class.

I'd have made a giant orange penis cake.

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Trump supporters are not a protected class.

I'd have made a giant orange penis cake.

"Trump is a demagogue and a bigot. He has nothing to say about the important issues facing our country.”~Bernie Sanders
Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh wait...

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Funny.  They support bakeries who want to discriminate against gay couples on the basis of their religion but when someone discriminates against them, it's not ok.  This is why discrimination is wrong people and why asshats shouldn't get a 'religious card' that allows them to discriminate.  

2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:15 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Oh wait...

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM

I'd love to make her a cake. Would be a lot of fun.

Quoting 2012Rabbit12: 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Oh wait...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)