Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Short Cuts

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

Upright: "Many, perhaps most people who vote Republican don't do so because of tax rates or trade agreements or Kelo or Ex-Im or even abortion or guns. Rather, it is nationalism — understood as the political expression of the emotion of patriotism — that's the substructure of support for the Right, the policy specifics about taxes and the rest being the superstructure. Voters who don't particularly care about the three-legged stool of conservatism voted Republican anyway because they were one-nation patriots and the Democrats had become the party of post-Americanism and balkanization. This is the real source of the revulsion at Obama — it's not his father's race and it's not really even Obamacare and the other outrages of this administration, outrageous as they are. It's his post-Americanism, which combines his citizen-of-the-world pretensions with an aggressive campaign of deconstructing the American people." —Mark Krikorian

For the record: "[T]he media's general lack of interest in Clinton scandals also shows that most journalists have a 'temperament' problem. They present themselves to the public as ornery, nonpartisan watchdogs, but in reality they're the aggressively obsequious partisans that swoon over Clinton when she buys a burrito. Is it any wonder that trust in the media is so low?" —L. Brent Bozell & Tim Graham

Belly laugh of the week: "They even went after my foundation last week. Now that was really funny. I was sort of Robin Hood, except I didn't rob anybody. I just asked people with money to give it to people who didn't have money." —Bill Clinton (He must mean giving money to Hillary, who, after all, was "dead broke" when the foundation kicked off.)

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Did you see that little clip from CNN where they are tied in knots asking for a fact check on Clinton to dispute the information only to have it blow up in their faces?  It was something about destroying the cell phones with a hammer..

I'll see if I can find it.  It was hilarious that the Clinton Network News was caught with their foot in their mouth.

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Did you see that little clip from CNN where they are tied in knots asking for a fact check on Clinton to dispute the information only to have it blow up in their faces?  It was something about destroying the cell phones with a hammer..

I'll see if I can find it.  It was hilarious that the Clinton Network News was caught with their foot in their mouth.

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

I posted it.

wouldn't hurt tp repost though

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Jambo4:

I posted it.

wouldn't hurt tp repost though

Oh sorry... 

this group gets filled up with a bunch of dross and it's hard to find the good stuff.

Ednarooni160
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:02 PM

Belly laugh of the week: "They even went after my foundation last week. Now that was really funny. I was sort of Robin Hood, except I didn't rob anybody. I just asked people with money to give it to people who didn't have money." —Bill Clinton (He must mean giving money to Hillary, who, after all, was "dead broke" when the foundation kicked off.)

For the love of everything sane..was he smoking something when he said that or does he just think people are stupid enough to believe he or even Hillary could or should be compared to Robin Hood..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)