Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The progressives and the kkk appear to have the same goals

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:18 PM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this
California State University Los Angeles recently rolled out segregated housing for black students.

The arrangement comes roughly nine months after the university’s Black Student Union issued a set of demands in response to what its members contend are frequent “racist attacks” on campus, such as “racially insensitive remarks” and “microaggressions” by professors and students. One demand was for a “CSLA housing space delegated for Black students.”

“[It] would provide a cheaper alternative housing solution for Black students. This space would also serve as a safe space for Black CSLA students to congregate, connect, and learn from each other,” the demand letter stated.

The newly debuted Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community “focuses on academic excellence and learning experiences that are inclusive and non-discriminatory,” Cal State LA spokesman Robert Lopez told The College Fix via email.

The public university has 192 furnished apartments in a residential complex on campus, and the Halisi community will be located there, Lopez said, adding it joins other themed living-learning communities already housed there.

Lopez declined to answer any additional questions or provide more details on the new community, such as how many rooms it encompasses, and whether it’s a whole floor or just a few rooms.

Cal State LA joins UConn, UC Davis and Berkeley in offering segregated housing dedicated to black students. While these housing options are technically open to all students, they’re billed and used as arrangements in which black students can live with one another.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnmomofive
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:26 PM
8 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter   Who are the real racists? This speaks volumes.

LGAll65
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy crap!

This Title is soooo wrong!

Who created that title?

OMG...

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:36 PM
5 moms liked this

Don't they both want segregation?  Seems like it to me.

LGAll65
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/progressive

adjective

favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters:
a progressive mayor.
making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.:
a progressive community.
characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement.
(initial capital letter) of or relating to any of the Progressive parties in politics.
going forward or onward; passing successively from one member of a series to the next; proceeding step by step.
Segregation was in our past---our shameful and socially regressive past.

Why would a progressive want to return to the past? They look to the future and want social justice and equality.

The KKK recalls and approv of the days of slavery, blacks being inferior and under the control of white people who they insist must be in a superior role.They are sometimes violent and  aggressive in their disapproval of blacks ( and Jews). They terrorize and occasionally kill even now.They have regressed to the past and prefer to keep things the way they like it ( racism) refusing to live in the present or to learn a new humane way to live.

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Not really a shock, the Progressives (democrats) are historically tied to black segregation

Quoting Carpy:

LGAll65
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:05 PM

This might have been true a century or so ago but not now.

Quoting Billiejeens: Not really a shock, the Progressives (democrats) are historically tied to black segregation
Quoting Carpy:

LGAll65
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Carpy:

Wrong.

couture-mommy
by Catfish on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:15 PM
5 moms liked this
One thing white people who seem to compare every black movement to the KKK needs to understand is: IT'S NOT COMPARABLE.
Now, if and only IF a black movement mirrors the KKK, then ya'll would have a point. But honestly, the BP, NBP, M4BL, NAACP, BLM etc... don't come CLOSE to the KKK. Even all of them combined... wouldn't come close.
I get that some white people want so desperately to connect the dots so that white people won't look "as bad". But nah.

That said... I don't agree with segregation. I do, however, agree that in certain instances (especially when race is brought up) SOME non POC don't know how to handle themselves. Hey, I get it, it's uncomfortable. Stop that shit tho. It doesn't help.
Microagressions happen continously on here, racial epithets happen continously on here. It's disgusting.
And I hope when my son goes to college he has enough sense to fight for what's right.
HotJerZMama
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:17 PM
8 moms liked this
Colleges have had themed/cultural/religious housing for a while now. Why doesn't anyone cry foul when they have a Hillel house for Jewish students? Or separate housing for seminary students, or honors dorms? They are all forms of "segregation" but yet no one has a problem with that.

It seems that the only time it's a problem is when it involves black people. For example, I don't hear anyone complaining about Telemundo or Bollywood, but if you mention BET- oh no that's racist! I need a white entertainment network (even though "WET" is all of television.)

If you don't like the idea of having separate housing centered around various cultural or religious interests, fine but at least apply the same logic to everyone. Being ok with the existing "themed" or "special interest" housing but crying segregation when Black people request a themed residence is bigoted. When you look at the events on that campus it's no wonder those students want to separate themselves from the other prejudiced students.

It's like a kid getting bullied, but then told he is wrong for not wanting to sit with the bully at the lunch table. On top of that, I highly doubt every single black person in that school would be located in that special residence. Typically those types of special interest housing have limited space so you can hardly call it segregation.

I would really suggest everyone who is against this housing situation take some time to read "Lies My Teacher Told Me." It talks about how racism has been so embedded into our culture that to this day our textbooks are still racist to the point where historical events were misconstrued, missing details, or even embellished to perpetuate the racism. When we can't even have objectivity in a history text book- which is supposed to just present facts- it continues to breed the ignorance and racism that is still present in this day. It's pathetic.

Signed a white woman that is tired of this bs.
HotJerZMama
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
You said it better than my rambling post lol! But it pisses me off that people can't begin to understand or at the very least acknowledge the impact of all those micro aggressions. I'm sad for my son who is biracial. I don't want him growing up in a world where where he can't be accepted for who he is, or constantly worrying what might happen when my husband has to drive in a white town. People say "get over slavery" but while the institution was abolished, the racism never was.

Quoting couture-mommy: One thing white people who seem to compare every black movement to the KKK needs to understand is: IT'S NOT COMPARABLE.
Now, if and only IF a black movement mirrors the KKK, then ya'll would have a point. But honestly, the BP, NBP, M4BL, NAACP, BLM etc... don't come CLOSE to the KKK. Even all of them combined... wouldn't come close.
I get that some white people want so desperately to connect the dots so that white people won't look "as bad". But nah.

That said... I don't agree with segregation. I do, however, agree that in certain instances (especially when race is brought up) SOME non POC don't know how to handle themselves. Hey, I get it, it's uncomfortable. Stop that shit tho. It doesn't help.
Microagressions happen continously on here, racial epithets happen continously on here. It's disgusting.
And I hope when my son goes to college he has enough sense to fight for what's right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)