Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump supporters ram sign-holding war veteran with truck in politically motivated hit-and-run

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:15 AM
  • 3 Replies

Trump supporters ram sign-holding war veteran with truck in politically motivated hit-and-run

Two pro-Trump veterans who struck a protester with their vehicle (Screen capture)

An Afghanistan war veteran and anti-Trump protester was intentionally struck by a car driven by Trump supporters in King, North Carolina on Election Day.

According to Fox 8 News, activist and combat veteran Steven Hewett was holding a “Veterans against Trump” sign when the pro-Trump driver deliberately drove into Hewett.

In a video taken by Hewett and uploaded to Facebook, Hewett — who is a crusader against intrusions of Christian religion into public life — was standing in the parking lot of King’s American Legion outpost when two men in a Chevrolet truck rolled up and struck him.

“You just hit me,” said Hewett. “You just hit me.”

“What branch of the military were you in?” demanded the driver, who was dressed in military veteran gear.

“You just hit me, partner,” Hewett replied. “Not only that, it’s on video. You just hang tight, the police are coming.”

The two Trump supporters fled the scene, but Hewett was able to get their license plate number and provide it to police.

Police Chief Paula May said, “We are investigating a reported hit and run that occurred at the American Legion voting site in King this morning. We are actively investigating the incident, and no further information will be released until the investigation is concluded or charges have been filed.”

Hewett confirmed on Facebook that charges are being filed against the as-yet-unnamed driver, including reckless driving and assault with a deadly weapon.

Watch video about this story, embedded below:

https://www.facebook.com/steven.hewett.5/videos/vb.100001598968069/1230605740336046/?type=2&theater

[Hat-tip to Peacock Panache]

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hotspice58
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Wow.  and he was elected.  Just wow.

LGAll65
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this
This is just crazy -- this election has brought out the worst in too many people .
Ms.KitKat
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

The level of hatred from the trump supporters is terrifying. As if that wasn't bad enough, they have taken it up a notch by threats, harassment, intimidation and violence.

On this forum alone, posters have made a concerted attempt to silence members who voice their opinions.

I will continue to raise my voice- as long as it is still a right. and even after, I will not be silenced.

Quoting LGAll65: This is just crazy -- this election has brought out the worst in too many people .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)