• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This HORRIFYING List Is Exactly Why We Can’t Say ‘It Will Be Okay’ Under Trump

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM
  • 185 Replies
4 moms liked this

Two nights ago, we elected the worst person imaginable to the highest office in the land. His Majesty, King Hater, doesn’t take officially take office until January 20, 2017, but the effects of his election are already spreading in a rash of hateful and bigoted incidents against everyone who isn’t a straight, white, Christian male.

Insanul Ahmed has collected a series of social media posts and videos detailing exactly what’s happened.

• Students as Southern Illinois University put on blackface and posed in front of a Confederate flag
  • A group of guys yelled, “Time to get out of this country, Apu!” at a Middle Eastern-looking man at a gas station
  • A woman wearing a scarf was told, “Your time’s almost up, girlie.”
  • A Trumpkin pulled a knife on a Muslim woman near the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
  • A white person called a black man a “nigger” and said he should be picking cotton
  • Students at Lehigh Valley High School were chanting, “Cotton-picker, you’re a nigger”
  • A white man approached a woman who appeared Mexican and said, “I can’t wait until Trump asks us to rape your people and send you over the biggest damn wall we’re going to build. Go back to hell, wet back,” and threw his cup of water in her face while flipping her the bird
  • A group of white men followed a woman wearing a dress onto the subway, yelled, “Grab her by the pussy!” and then proceeded to do so
  • Students at Wake Forest University were running around shouting, “NIGGER!” inside the residence halls
  • A group of white men confronted a black woman at a gas station and said, “How scared are you, you black bitch? I should just kill you right now…you’re a waste of air!” and another said, “You’re lucky there’s witnesses or else I’d shoot you right here.”
  • A black woman in Queens, NY was asked to go to the back of the bus
  • An LGBT couple found a note on their car saying, “Can’t wait till your ‘marriage’ is overturned by a real president. Gay families = burn in hell. Trump 2016”
  • High school teens yelled at a black woman to go back to Africa
  • A white man told an Asian woman at a gas station, “We won. Now get the fuck out of my country.”

Because that’s apparently not bad enough, there’s even more:

• Students were parading with Trump signs around their school and chanting, “White power!”
  • Students at a middle school in Michigan were chanting, “Build the wall!”
  • The world’s premier white supremacy organization, the Ku Klux Klan, held a victory parade for Trump
  • Students at Maple Grove High School found, “Fuck niggers, #fuckallporchmonkeys, #whitesonly, #whiteamerica, and Trump Train,” with the word “blacks” inside a circle with an x through it scrawled on a classroom door
  • Muslim women in three disparate locations around the country reported being attacked for wearing hijabs. One man choked his victim with her hijab
  • Nazi imagery is appearing around the country, including the words, “Trump,” and “Seig Heil,” some of which appeared on the anniversary of Kristallnact, or the night in 1938 that the Nazis burned and looted Jewish businesses and synagogues

What’s truly terrifying here is that this is just the beginning. Trump’s election just legitimized every brand of hate there is. It’s now okay to intimidate, harass and threaten anyone who isn’t straight and white. It’s now okay to sexually assault women. It’s now okay to be anti-Semitic, and openly hurl epithets at anyone who isn’t straight and white. There are people who keep saying, “It will all be okay,” and joking around about Trump’s win without understanding why so many of us are so angry and scared.

We’re angry and scared because things we’ve already been through, like what’s above and more, were validated with Trump’s election. The haters, the bigots, the anti-Semites, the racists, the men’s rights activists/misogynists, the white supremacists, the Islamophobes, the nativists, and the religious right, were all vindicated, while we were invalidated and violently kicked to the side.

Welcome to Trump’s America. Price of admission: Rights, freedoms, equality, humanity. We’ll waive your fees if you’re a straight, white male.

Here’s Ahmed’s full list, posted on Twitter:

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LGAll65
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM
5 moms liked this

ILovemyPaulie
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM
7 moms liked this

Give it up. The fat lady sang the Trump song! LOL!

You can't change a thing now. Stop complaining like a kid who doesn't want to leave the playground. It's time to go already!

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM
7 moms liked this

So you are okay with the above? You think that is totally acceptable?

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

You can't change a thing now. Stop complaining like a kid who doesn't want to leave the playground. It's time to go already!

momwriter
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM
9 moms liked this

I am horrified with the election results. Listening to Obama speak to veterans right now on CNN; now HE is a class act and I can't wrap my head around the fascist who is taking his place :(

momwriter
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Love your avatar!

Quoting LGAll65:

Sister_Someone
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM
9 moms liked this

I've seen that. It's horrifying. I'm furious. That's exactly why I refuse to accept Trump. That is not my president. 

ILovemyPaulie
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:44 AM
11 moms liked this

It's propaganda and for weak minds who cannot see the big picture. I'm not reading more of your baised propaganda. What's done is done. Time to get another hobby. LOL!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:45 AM
6 moms liked this

Not my president! Not my America!

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:46 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

exactly.

This post deserves a photo of sour grapes.  Where can I find one that won't be considered "spam" and deleted?  

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:46 AM
7 moms liked this

So you believe none of this is happening? FFS

Or you do agree with it and are ashamed to admit it.

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

It's propaganda and for weak minds who cannot see the big picture. I'm not reading more of your baised propaganda. What's done is done. Time to get another hobby. LOL!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)