Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘You Are Fake News!’: Trump and CNN’s Jim Acosta Get Into Shouting Match at Presser

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM
  • 104 Replies

00:00
 1:58

During President-elect Donald Trump's press conference today, Trump took aim at "fake news" regarding the release of an unverified dossier by Buzzfeed, calling them a "failing piece of garbage." Following that, he ended up getting into an argument with a CNN reporter, who he also called out during the presser over their report on a two-page synopsis they claim was presented to Trump.

With Trump looking to call on other reporters, Jim Acosta yelled out, "Since you are attacking us, can you give us a question?"

"Not you," Trump said. "Your organization is terrible!"

Acosta pressed on, "You are attacking our news organization, can you give us a chance to ask a question, sir?" Trump countered by telling him "don't be rude."

"I'm not going to give you a question," Trump responded. "I'm not going to give you a question. You are fake news!"

As those on stage by Trump clapped, Acosta retorted, "Now, Mr. President-elect, that's not appropriate!"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/you-are-fake-news-trump-and-cnns-jim-acosta-get-into-shouting-match-at-presser/

by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 12:38 PM
9 moms liked this

OMG - that was good.

newlife1214
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Yup he did. He hates that they don't bow to his bull and they call him out on his lies, flip flops and bull.

He will never like anyone that disagrees with him.

Thank God some news agencies will not bow down to his crap!

We need that to keep govt in check!

Especially now more than ever.

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM
9 moms liked this

Were you in a coma the last 8 years?

Quoting newlife1214:

Yup he did. He hates that they don't bow to his bull and they call him out on his lies, flip flops and bull.

He will never like anyone that disagrees with him.

Thank God some news agencies will not bow down to his crap!

We need that to keep govt in check!

Especially now more than ever.

newlife1214
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

No

I see all the bull Breitbart, Fox, Drudge, The Blaze, the Patriot, The Right Scoop, Hot Air and many many others report. 

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:13 PM
4 moms liked this
I think it would be in the best interest of the public if we could all agree on a loose definition of "fake news" and "mainstream media". CNN isn't fake news. Breitbart isn't fake news. Macedonian teenagers making up clickbait is fake news.
Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:16 PM
6 moms liked this

Two biggest regrets in the mainstream media 2016 - 2017

That they can no longer control the narrative and therefore have lost control of the people.

That they invented the Fake News Jargon - because intelligent people are biting them in the ass with it.

Quoting quickbooksworm: I think it would be in the best interest of the public if we could all agree on a loose definition of "fake news" and "mainstream media". CNN isn't fake news. Breitbart isn't fake news. Macedonian teenagers making up clickbait is fake news.

newlife1214
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/police-shred-breitbart-for-manufacturing-fake-news-story-about-chanting-muslims-setting-fire-to-church/

Quoting quickbooksworm: I think it would be in the best interest of the public if we could all agree on a loose definition of "fake news" and "mainstream media". CNN isn't fake news. Breitbart isn't fake news. Macedonian teenagers making up clickbait is fake news.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It has nothing to do with controlling anyone or driving the narrative. Fake news is something that has zero basis in reality. It's completely made up. Other media outlets, however biased they may be, have basis in reality. If something with no basis in reality is created to drive a different narrative, created for profit, you have propaganda. And I know you aren't going to accuse Trump of creating propaganda (nor should anyone because it's not true).

Quoting Billiejeens:

Two biggest regrets in the mainstream media 2016 - 2017

That they can no longer control the narrative and therefore have lost control of the people.

That they invented the Fake News Jargon - because intelligent people are biting them in the ass with it.

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:30 PM
6 moms liked this

Do you understand the irony of using "raw story" in an attempt to disqualify anyone else?

Quoting newlife1214:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/police-shred-breitbart-for-manufacturing-fake-news-story-about-chanting-muslims-setting-fire-to-church/

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Far be it from me to defend Breitbart but everyone gets something completely wrong at one point. It's going o be more common in this age of wanting information instantly and media having pressure to deliver before anyone else. It's irresponsible and part of that falls on us too.

Quoting newlife1214:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN