Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘Jesus Christ. Grizzly bears?’: Internet loses it as DeVos pushes guns in schools to stop grizzly attacks

Pema_Jampa
Today at 2:32 PM
Django Reinhardt e Josette Dayde - Coucou

Django Reinhardt e Josette Dayde

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

‘Jesus Christ. Grizzly bears?’: Internet loses it as DeVos pushes guns in schools to stop grizzly attacks

Waving Grizzly gif on Twitter

Donald Trump’s pick to head the Department of Education had a particularly rough hearing on Tuesday, taking a battering from Minnesota Senator Al Franken (D-MN) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

However, nothing quite caught the flavor of how poorly her hearing went than her response to Sen. Chis Murphy (D-CT) who asked her, “Do you think guns have any place in or around schools?”

After saying the availability of guns should be “best left to locales and states to decide,” Devos replied to further questioning on guns on campus by adding, “I will refer back to Senator Enzi (R-WY) and the school he was talking about in Wyoming … I would imagine that there is probably a gun in the schools to protect from potential grizzlies.”

You can probably guess how that was met with the quipsters on Twitter.

Betsy DeVos may or may not support guns in schools because of grizzly bears.

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Pema_Jampa
Today at 2:32 PM
Django Reinhardt e Josette Dayde - Coucou

Django Reinhardt e Josette Dayde

by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM

"We need guns in schools because of grizzly bears." You know what else stops bears? Doors. https://thinkprogress.org/betsy-devos-says-guns-in-schools-may-be-necessary-to-protect-students-from-grizzly-bears-bd9aea200bd#.2zcd3vsf2 

Grizzly bears? Really? You picked her to be Education Secretary? Jesus Trump.

chris lynch @ALargeRegular

I'm going to say "what about grizzly bears" to random questions from now on. Do you think it will rain? "What about grizzly bears?"

Recapping The Betsy : it was a pretty grizzly spectacle where everyone noticed she could bearly understand the questions.

As if being hunted by rogue sharks wasn't enough.
Now has me paranoid about grizzly bear attacks on our schools!

LGAll65
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM
Oh good lord. Bears. What's next? She sounds a little strange.
The only people with weapons near or in a school should be a security guard who is trained and not vulnerable to fears and panic.
It has been done for decades .

Teachers or students should never have guns in schools. It's just insane.

In Las Vegas in 1980 my daughter and kids in our neighborhood were bused to a school in north Las Vegas. It was a sketchy area so there were guards and gates .
But in an average school in an average neighborhood? Hell no.
dedhed
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:43 PM

We have a real problem with Geese in our school, I guess I should start carrying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)