Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Social Media Account Where Trump Voters Publicly Post Shame And Regret Is BLOWING UP

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

This Social Media Account Where Trump Voters Publicly Post Shame And Regret Is BLOWING UP

Trump’s Twitter Usage Is A Key Point In Voter Regrets

President-Elect Donald Trump won 46.1% of the popular vote in November’s election. When he takes the oath of office on Friday, he will do so with a 38% favorability rating.  Simple arithmetic says a not-quite-insignificant portion of his voters now harbor some regret for their choice. Naturally, in this day and age, those folks have found a social media outlet to voice their shame. And ironically — given the President-Elect’s preferred method of communication — they’ve huddled together on twitter. Yes, “Trumpgrets” is now a thing.

According to archive.org, the account had just over 800 followers in the beginning of December 2016. As of Wednesday morning, that number has blown past 23,000. The handle has clearly struck a nerve amongst the electorate.

The account appears to post little-to-no original content. Rather, they retweet public gripes and regrets from other users who claim to have voted for Trump. Many of these tweets were originally directed at Trump himself. Chief among the voter consternation? The way the incoming Commander in Chief carries himself on social media:

Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a.....

@realDonaldTrump every tweet I see of yours makes me wish I didn't have to vote for you. The leader of our country shouldn't be so petty.

At 9:00 P.M. @CNN, of all places, is doing a Special Report on my daughter, Ivanka. Considering it is CNN, can't imagine it will be great!

@realDonaldTrump Dude... I voted for you but I'm quickly beginning to despise you. FUCK YOUR OPINIONS OF THE MEDIA... BE OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:22 PM

@realDonaldTrump oh man. I'm beginning to lose faith in you, Trump. My heart sank as I read this. You're not gonna like the publics reaction

Thank you to General Motors and Walmart for starting the big jobs push back into the U.S.!

@realDonaldTrump Hey DJT you really like Russia huh? I voted for you sadly you fraud. Hear you like young prostitutes?

Aside from the perceived childish usage of the internet, his cozy relationship with Russia is also fueling “Trumpgrets”.

Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a.....

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:23 PM

Did I make the biggest mistake in my life by voting for you, @realDonaldTrump...?

The Huffington Post recently tracked down some of the users who have been featured on @Trumpgrets’ feed. Among them was a Bernie Sanders primary voter named Scott Ford who admits to receiving grief from his friends and relatives over his vote.

Ford told HuffPo:

“I really thought this was going to be an election that was going to [create] change. That was Trump’s whole thing: ‘We’re going to clean up Washington, we’re going to drain the swamp.’ The swamp is full again. It’s actually fuller.”

Considering President Obama is leaving office with a 60% approval rating and being replaced by a gentleman viewed unfavorably by a majority of Americans, it stands to reason that @Trumpgrets will become even more prominent in 2017. Especially if the next President plans to remain on twitter.

Thank you to General Motors and Walmart for starting the big jobs push back into the U.S.!

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:23 PM

@realDonaldTrump Hey DJT you really like Russia huh? I voted for you sadly you fraud. Hear you like young prostitutes?

Aside from the perceived childish usage of the internet, his cozy relationship with Russia is also fueling “Trumpgrets”.

Did I make the biggest mistake in my life by voting for you, @realDonaldTrump...?

The Huffington Post recently tracked down some of the users who have been featured on @Trumpgrets’ feed. Among them was a Bernie Sanders primary voter named Scott Ford who admits to receiving grief from his friends and relatives over his vote.

Ford told HuffPo:

“I really thought this was going to be an election that was going to [create] change. That was Trump’s whole thing: ‘We’re going to clean up Washington, we’re going to drain the swamp.’ The swamp is full again. It’s actually fuller.”

Considering President Obama is leaving office with a 60% approval rating and being replaced by a gentleman viewed unfavorably by a majority of Americans, it stands to reason that @Trumpgrets will become even more prominent in 2017. Especially if the next President plans to remain on twitter.

MelissaBtr
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure that anyone can go on there and post whatever they like.
Hottmomma607
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:25 PM
LOL 😂😂😀😃
Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:34 PM
3 moms liked this

The best part is... no way to prove these people voted ANYway they are now claiming.

Haven't we had enough of fake news to realize it in a glance when we see it?  Apparently not for some...  ha ha...

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Because it's not possible for anyone to have changed their minds? Alrighty then..

Quoting Jambo4:

The best part is... no way to prove these people voted ANYway they are now claiming.

Haven't we had enough of fake news to realize it in a glance when we see it?  Apparently not for some...  ha ha...

joyfree
by Kat on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this
They have to vent somewhere and at least they are smart enough to know they've been conned.
Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, it's possible but logic dictates a couple things.  

1. People like to be on the "winning team" so even non Cub fans all of the sudden became Cub fans.

2.  People abandon ship after someone has actually been in charge of something. 

I hope indirect examples of teams and ships don't throw you off. :)  Bottom line is that there isn't going to be a blow up or landslide as is being portrayed.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Because it's not possible for anyone to have changed their minds? Alrighty then..

Quoting Jambo4:

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

1. Could be why people are jumping. Trump winning? Only if you ignore the Russian influence on the elections and Trump lying about the hacking. 

2. He has been in the news taking credit for things he has had no part of that is laughable. He has made some campaign promises like prosecuting Hill that he has backtracked on. It's possible people will continue to drop him if he doesn't deliver.

I am not a sports or boat kind of girl but you do you. No worries. 

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh, it's possible but logic dictates a couple things.  

1. People like to be on the "winning team" so even non Cub fans all of the sudden became Cub fans.

2.  People abandon ship after someone has actually been in charge of something. 

I hope indirect examples of teams and ships don't throw you off. :)  Bottom line is that there isn't going to be a blow up or landslide as is being portrayed.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Jambo4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)